Mad river in Springfield

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
I live in Springfield also. If you are looking for a prospecting buddy let me know.

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
I have been metal detecting for about 4 years. As far as prospecting. I'm still a newbie. This is my second summer. I have my pan, my sluice box, couple of classifiers, my metal detector and a lot of hope. Just looking for someone in Springfield area that shares my interest. My wife doesn't mind if I go but getting her to go is another story. Lol. Have a good one.

OP
OP
Joshf

Joshf

May 22, 2013
Yea it's my first year I have an ez sluice and a few pans. Yea I'm down for hitting the area but my problem is I don't have way to get up there yet

OP
OP
Joshf

Joshf

May 22, 2013
Huber heights. The car I can drive can only go a few miles cause it really sucks. I try to hit some of the rivers around here

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Not to far at all. I could prob. Come get ya sometime. Rivers are like chocolate milk right now. And mad river is really angry. Lol I went a couple nights ago and gave up after about an hour. Just to dangerous.

OP
OP
Joshf

Joshf

May 22, 2013
That would be cool. Heck with all the rain we have revived I bet it would take almost a month for the waters to go down.

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Not sure if I'm posting pictures right but this is a shot from yesterday

image-2217753459.jpg

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Ill keep ya posted. I work till 7 tonight but I'm headed to the river right after. I have a couple of spots I'm dying to sample. And hey no rain in the forecast!

OP
OP
Joshf

Joshf

May 22, 2013
Although no rain we have had enough rain that will keep the river up for a bit

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Wow not yet. I went but could get nowhere close. Came home and looked at maps of the river instead. Lol it was a lot safer.

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Ok been a few weeks. Have made it To the spot I was talking about the river. Haven't found the gold but not giving up. I have found on the other hand plenty of snakes, lead, and lots of garnet sand and even a couple of points. The people fishing and canoing always try to figure out what I'm doing. Lol I tell them it's a science project and they look at me like I'm crazy and move on. Headed detecting at Lake Erie next week. Hoping for some better luck.

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Really did very little. Areas were crowded. Really didn't get much of any interest. But I have to admit they tempted me with jet skiing and I gave up pretty early. It was just to pretty.

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand that. Let us know how you make out next time you get out MD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions