Cant wait

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Can't wait

While school is really loading me down right now I have found time to plan a 2 week trip during the break between the spring and summer semesters. Here is my plan let me know if this sound plausible. If you are from ohio you know that when the mining dried up the companies pulled most of their tracks up but left abandoned box cars and what not scattered with intermittent laid sections of track though out the state in order to not lose their right of way easements.
Anyway here is the plan Me and my friends have been using these road beds for years for riding atv's. we have always looked in old houses and checked out old foundations along the paths. well I recently got a metal detector and so did my friend. The plan is to go to our land and and just ride one day in each direction along the road bed that cuts through the edge of our property.searching these abandoned houses on our way. I think it should be a very good haul. Seeing ass half of these houses are missing roofs and what not.

Anyway the whole point of this post was to ask if anyone by chance had old railway maps laying around. or knows where we can find some. so far we have been using google earth, but I really want to know is the placement of houses along the old line. In case the foundations are not so easily found when the ground is covered.

OP
OP
X

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Re: Can't wait

Thanks, thats exactly what i needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread