Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oct 2005
    9 times

Southeastern Ohio??/

Anyone know of any "lost treasures" in southeastern ohio

Jan 2007

Re: Southeastern Ohio??/

I think we always get the shaft around SE Ohio...I have been going to look into some of the KGC stuff and Morgans Raiders. Also lookin into Bank Robberies.

Adam

us
    Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    109 times

It is a fantastic place for Indian artifacts but they are stone so you met'l guys will not fare to well. There are alot of old barns etc. but of course permission is the key.

Oct 2005
    9 times

Yea...I've found many Indian Artifacts and Fossils but I want to find some TREASURE!!

Jan 2007

In general SE Ohio is from Hocking and Perry county in the NW stretching east to the river counties of Washington Athens & Meigs, south to Lawrence county.

Adam

Mar 2007
    south central ohio
    White's Spectrum XLT
    11 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

IM in Vinton County and I think we are considered SE..... I would love to form a local dectecting club.... Im the only one around here that I know of who detects..... I just found 4 Indian Heads and 1 1902 Barber Dime in the past few days at an old church in Hocking County... so what do u say folks.. is anyone else interested in forming a SE ohio group?? I was thinking of doing some group hunts..... I am fascinated by what comes out of one place even if I do not find it all.. I have a Spectrum XLT and am also looking for tips for increased depth... I just use the preset coin program and turn off the ratchet pinpointing and turn on the tone ID... any tips about increasing my depth ??

pickaway

Yeah I'd be interested I'm in southeast Pickaway county.

Dec 2006
    Kingston, Ohio
    White's DFX
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I am located in the toe of Pickaway County (extreme SE corner) by Saltcreek School. I would be interested in a group hunt of some kind.

pickaway

Yep i know where your at wardster.Im kinda northeast of ringold, towards fairfield county line.

us
    Oct 2007
    SOUTHEAST OHIO
    V3i
    147 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frost
    Anyone know of any "lost treasures" in southeastern ohio

I don't know about lost treasure but there is a lot of ghost towns ect. By the way I live down in Noble County.

The REAL Diamond Jim

Mar 2006
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by minton7
    IM in Vinton County and I think we are considered SE..... I would love to form a local dectecting club.... Im the only one around here that I know of who detects..... I just found 4 Indian Heads and 1 1902 Barber Dime in the past few days at an old church in Hocking County... so what do u say folks.. is anyone else interested in forming a SE ohio group?? I was thinking of doing some group hunts..... I am fascinated by what comes out of one place even if I do not find it all.. I have a Spectrum XLT and am also looking for tips for increased depth... I just use the preset coin program and turn off the ratchet pinpointing and turn on the tone ID... any tips about increasing my depth ??
    I graduated from McArthur...the old one, not the fancy new building. I know my uncle and friends slammed VC pretty hard in the 80's...some of them still hunt I think, but they are a very private group, I don't even get invited to hunts.
    Check out my youtube hunt videos!  http://www.youtube.com/roadkillscjim

Mar 2007

Look north northeast of Glouster Athens Co.Place called Mclish.Old bootleggers cave up there.Rumor has it he hid his proceeds in the cave.We are talkin 30's 40's yearwise.Good deer huntin there too.Hoot

us
    Aug 2007
    West Virginia
    White's IDX Classic

Hey!....Count me in. I'm located in WV, just across the River from Marietta, Ohio (Washington County)

ie
    Jan 2007
    3 times

I've been searching for leads on Pretty Boy Floyd in the Columbiana county area. I have located a few houses/farms he may have visited. However, no confirmation. I'd like to find statements from the women he and his buddy were with... but, I'm not sure if anyone even knows why they were. Beyond that, who knows if there is any Pretty Boy treasure to begin with?

QYAO-Takes Social networking to the next level

Dec 2004
    Athens, Ohio
    White's DFX,Tesoro Stingray II

Would be interested in a club being started. I was a member in the Tri County Metal Detecting Club in Trumbull county some years ago. I also was in the Buckeye Searchers out of Solon Ohio just south of Cleveland. So let me know when it can start and where it will meet.
    Visit my blog The Metal Detective For metal locating services

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors