Southeastern Ohio??/

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
:'( I think we always get the shaft around SE Ohio...I have been going to look into some of the KGC stuff and Morgans Raiders. Also lookin into Bank Robberies.

Adam

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a fantastic place for Indian artifacts but they are stone so you met'l guys will not fare to well. There are alot of old barns etc. but of course permission is the key.

OP
OP
G

Green Frost

Oct 9, 2005
Yea...I've found many Indian Artifacts and Fossils but I want to find some TREASURE!! ;D

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
In general SE Ohio is from Hocking and Perry county in the NW stretching east to the river counties of Washington Athens & Meigs, south to Lawrence county.

Adam

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
IM in Vinton County and I think we are considered SE..... I would love to form a local dectecting club.... Im the only one around here that I know of who detects..... I just found 4 Indian Heads and 1 1902 Barber Dime in the past few days at an old church in Hocking County... so what do u say folks.. is anyone else interested in forming a SE ohio group?? I was thinking of doing some group hunts..... I am fascinated by what comes out of one place even if I do not find it all.. I have a Spectrum XLT and am also looking for tips for increased depth... I just use the preset coin program and turn off the ratchet pinpointing and turn on the tone ID... any tips about increasing my depth ??

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I am located in the toe of Pickaway County (extreme SE corner) by Saltcreek School. I would be interested in a group hunt of some kind.

P

pickaway

Yep i know where your at wardster.Im kinda northeast of ringold, towards fairfield county line.

docbars

Oct 15, 2007
SOUTHEAST OHIO
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green Frost said:
Anyone know of any "lost treasures" in southeastern ohio???

I don't know about lost treasure but there is a lot of ghost towns ect. By the way I live down in Noble County.

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minton7 said:
IM in Vinton County and I think we are considered SE..... I would love to form a local dectecting club.... Im the only one around here that I know of who detects..... I just found 4 Indian Heads and 1 1902 Barber Dime in the past few days at an old church in Hocking County... so what do u say folks.. is anyone else interested in forming a SE ohio group?? I was thinking of doing some group hunts..... I am fascinated by what comes out of one place even if I do not find it all.. I have a Spectrum XLT and am also looking for tips for increased depth... I just use the preset coin program and turn off the ratchet pinpointing and turn on the tone ID... any tips about increasing my depth ??

I graduated from McArthur...the old one, not the fancy new building. I know my uncle and friends slammed VC pretty hard in the 80's...some of them still hunt I think, but they are a very private group, I don't even get invited to hunts.

morisco

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2007
Look north northeast of Glouster Athens Co.Place called Mclish.Old bootleggers cave up there.Rumor has it he hid his proceeds in the cave.We are talkin 30's 40's yearwise.Good deer huntin there too.Hoot

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
I've been searching for leads on Pretty Boy Floyd in the Columbiana county area. I have located a few houses/farms he may have visited. However, no confirmation. I'd like to find statements from the women he and his buddy were with... but, I'm not sure if anyone even knows why they were. Beyond that, who knows if there is any Pretty Boy treasure to begin with?

pastfinder2

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2004
Athens, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX,Tesoro Stingray II
Would be interested in a club being started. I was a member in the Tri County Metal Detecting Club in Trumbull county some years ago. I also was in the Buckeye Searchers out of Solon Ohio just south of Cleveland. So let me know when it can start and where it will meet.

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
My research on Pretty Boy Floyd and treasure has come up empty. Along the way I've had some help from folks (deeply appreciated), and learned quite a bit. So, sorry, I can't give you any leads, but thanks to all those who stepped up for me. Great group here!

wwejesse27

Feb 11, 2015
marietta ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi located in marietta ohio

Hey!....Count me in. I'm located in WV, just across the River from Marietta, Ohio (Washington County)
hi do u have any idea what kind of artifacts i can find around here also looking for metal detecting buddies to metal detect with

wwejesse27

Feb 11, 2015
marietta ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggers marietta ohio metal detecting

Hey!....Count me in. I'm located in WV, just across the River from Marietta, Ohio (Washington County)

=wwejesse27 hi im from marietta ohio do u have any idea what kind of artifacts i can find around here also looking for metal detecting buddies to metal detect with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread