Anyone want to go hunting ?

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I'll be spending some time in Lancaster. My son just took a job there.

Ken

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
I'm in Nelsonville, wife is due anytime in the next 3 weeks, so I am not venturing to far.

I will be in the woods everyday though...mushrooms are comin'! ;D

Adam

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
FlyingPig, don;t tell me your talking about the Morels !!!!! Man, it's been 12 years since I tasted one of those outstanding mushrooms. Post some pictures of some when you get them...

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flyinpig said:
I'm in Nelsonville, wife is due anytime in the next 3 weeks, so I am not venturing to far.

I will be in the woods everyday though...mushrooms are comin'! ;D

Adam

Been through there plenty of times on my way To Ohio University.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Howdy from Vinton County.... I would LOVE to go hunting.... do you have any spots there in Lancaster that you can get us permission to go in..... I have a XLT .. am not the best in the world at operating it.. but have found a fair amount of silver and lots of Indian heads.....

RAndy

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
Yep..morels....the treasure of the forest in itself. I got hooked about 4 yrs ago. Talk about a treasure hunt, those boogers are hard to find. I'll post some pics when I find some..getting ready to go now! ;D

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
Found 2 morels about 2" tall day b4 the storm. Next time out, I'll get some pics for ya.

Adam

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
I grew up south of Cleveland and west of Pittsburgh in Columbiana county. When I was a kid we used to go out in the spring and pick an IGA bag full of those in a day. Mom used to cook them with swiss steak. Man talk about eating better then a king. Largest one I ever picked was about 6-7" tall.

My Uncle has a nose for them. He freezes about 40-50 quarts a year. Never would reveal his secret to finding them even to his own brothers. He treated them just like the gold of the forest too. Old prospectors die with their knowledge of gold finds also.

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
Ask any mushroom hunter and they'll tell you where they find them. "By an elm or poplar in the woods!"

My cousin found about 250 last year, I usually find about 40 or 50 out of one spot. That's the only place I look. Largest I found was about 8 or 9 inches but I have seen some really big ones.

This weather really put a schreechin hault on the season though... :(

flyinpig

Jan 10, 2007
Hey all...promised I'd post a pic of some shrooms'. This is what my buddy and I found on 4/20. These are her first morels, she is 2. I don't know if she or I were more excited when I pointed them out to her! ;D

Adam

Attachments

• Abi Shroom.jpg
    Abi Shroom.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 530

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw, how cool.

My son is now working in Lancaster. I should be spending more time down there.

Ken

earl1120

Greenie
Jul 19, 2006
Anderson Twp.
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350 this week
ODNR turned down a permit to hunt the bike trail. Says too many private properties are traversed by the trail. So I guess I'll go and hope for the best. ???

T

TAZMANNY

I moved to Lancaster OH from Syracuse NY 2 yrs ago. Just bought a new detector, Tesoro Cibola, and want to get it going. According to park regulations, metal detectors are prohibited from Lancaster parks. If you know of a place we can go, I'm ready! Saturdays are best for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread