dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Westerville and have a few places I remember that if they are still there might be ok. I moved to Montana in 1981 and was gone for several years for a visit to find parking lots where a couple of lakes were where I fished as a young man. My dad is in Fredrickton and mom is in Grove City. I'm coming for two weeks and going to give it hell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
53 views and no response, I figured to get some advice or heads up but I guess not.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I try to check the Ohio forums daily and view any new posts. Not going to be much help though, as I am located a couple of hours NE of where you grew up.

Good luck, I hope someone close by responds for you!

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I try to check the Ohio forums daily and view any new posts. Not going to be much help though, as I am located a couple of hours NE of where you grew up.

Good luck, I hope someone close by responds for you!
Thanks for your response, I'm not looking for anyones secret spot or anything like that. I plan on detecting public property just like I would here in Montana. Hope for maybe a little advice on the laws. If anybody comes to western Montana hit the Montana forum and I would at least put you on a spot to detect or take you trout fishing. Oh well head to Ohio in the am so here I come. So if anybody sees mercury dimes shaking in the ground you'll know why.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your response, I'm not looking for anyones secret spot or anything like that. I plan on detecting public property just like I would here in Montana. Hope for maybe a little advice on the laws. If anybody comes to western Montana hit the Montana forum and I would at least put you on a spot to detect or take you trout fishing. Oh well head to Ohio in the am so here I come. So if anybody sees mercury dimes shaking in the ground you'll know why.

Enjoy your trip dirtscratcher. I hope you find some good hunting spots!

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this in fredricktown didn't get to detect like I wanted too but found a few wheats and some clad. wife has been sick and the heat and humidity was too much. only got a couple hours in but Fredrickton would be a great place just a crazy amount of old houses

Attachments

• image-1079301224.jpg
    image-1079301224.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1895223781.jpg
    image-1895223781.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 87

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread