NE Ohio potential?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are from the area you reside, then ask friends and family members if you can detect their properties. I am not originally from the area where I reside. My first year I hit every park and public properties within a 50 mile radius of my house. Last season I hunted permissions mostly and the quality of my finds improved immensely. I am in Lorain county, North Central Ohio. Where are you residing?

Amrap

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2016
Parma,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow Ohioans. I'm new to the hobby and looking for any pointers you can give me. With so many parks being closed to MD, do you do mostly permissions? Where should a newbie start; I've cleaned out my backyard.

Hey thanks

I agree with Loco-Digger about friends and family for learning to use your detector. That's what I am going to do second.....after I find all the nails, bottle caps and beer tabs in my yard. Check your city laws for restrictions and try vacant land owned by the city if there are no laws against it. When the weather gets better I'm taking the detector out into a rural area and try asking permission for a plot of land with an old barn or other structure on it.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread