Amrap

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2016
Parma,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2::hello2: I have thought about treasure hunting/metal detecting/etc since I was a kid. The Gold Rush was before my time and I can't afford to buy a claim on some mountain in Colorado to dig gems. So I decided to try a metal detector. :laughing7: I bought an inexpensive Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 in case I get discouraged. I haven't had time or weather to try it out. I've been reading the forums, watching videos on Bounty Hunter Detectors and detecting in general. It's a shame that most cities are strict with metal detecting, but I can see their point. They don't need a bunch of wannabes digging up their property. But I'm still hopeful I will find some sweet spots.

Ed

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You will. Just don't get discouraged. Learn your machine and go for it. Lots out there to be found...

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNET Amrap - try building yourself a small coin & trash garden in your yard, practice and learn your machine, allways fill in your digs & wish you many great finds with you MD.

Texas ED

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
A

Amrap

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2016
Parma,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time outside

It was not below freezing today so I took the detector into the backyard. Had the Sens. & Disc set at 1:00 and switch to Tone.

2016 005.JPG

The butterfly was about 1" deep and the matchbox car was about 3" deep. At least is wasn't a bottle cap and 3 nails!!!!!

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions