The T. A. Snider company of Cincinnati.

OP
OP
Krovas

Krovas

Jul 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett ProPointer
Are you searching for just the T.A. Snider Co. history or the T.A. Snider Preserve Co.?
Don.........

The Preserve company. Sorry, didn't know there was more than one.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mrs.Snider, the wife of Reverend T.A. Snider began a home canning business in 1879, and her husband founded the T.A. Snider Preserve Co. in 1884.The firm became the New York Canners after a move to Albion,New York, in 1923, renamed itself the Snider Packing Co. in 1928, and was absorbed into the Birdseye Division of General Foods in 1943.
Don......

OP
OP
Krovas

Krovas

Jul 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett ProPointer
Mrs.Snider, the wife of Reverend T.A. Snider began a home canning business in 1879, and her husband founded the T.A. Snider Preserve Co. in 1884.The firm became the New York Canners after a move to Albion,New York, in 1923, renamed itself the Snider Packing Co. in 1928, and was absorbed into the Birdseye Division of General Foods in 1943.
Don......

Basically, I dug up a heavy metal cap marked "?HE T. A. SNID?R ?R??ER?E Co. Cinncinati." Chimed in like silver, but clearly isn't. This gives me an idea of the time period. The center of the cap is marked "CHIL???U?E"; probably not strictly important, but I'm curious what the stuff was. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions