Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Used to be but no more. Good auction territory there

Welcome to the site, Force_of_Iron. There always seems to be auctions going on. I used to go to the flea markets on Dixie. Those were good until Trader's World and Turtle Creek opened up. Then those became either too pricey or just a bunch of cheap knock off junk. Nothing like it was 30-35 years ago. There for a while, thing to do was box up all your stuff and take to an auction house and let them sell it. IDK if that is still a thing or not. ??? Seems like everyone sells online now.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prices are lower than I ever recall at the auctions for most things. My references are all shaded though as most of my price memories are of the antique boom from the 80's to the crash of 2008. Antiques have never recovered. It's a great time to buy. Online or off. Never was one for flea markets but if you are willing to drive Clums auction in Rushville had a disproportionate amount of great sales and the drive was scenic so fun in itself. Its like a black hole for antiques in SE Ohio. I can say this now that I don't live there anymore. Would have never told you otherwise :)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Prices are lower than I ever recall at the auctions for most things. My references are all shaded though as most of my price memories are of the antique boom from the 80's to the crash of 2008. Antiques have never recovered. It's a great time to buy. Online or off. Never was one for flea markets but if you are willing to drive Clums auction in Rushville had a disproportionate amount of great sales and the drive was scenic so fun in itself. Its like a black hole for antiques in SE Ohio. I can say this now that I don't live there anymore. Would have never told you otherwise :)

Oh, I see. Now that you can’t go, you give up the honey hole location. I see how you are.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
cowboye do you metal detect the river?
Let me rephrase this in case there are others in the area. Reportedly, back in 1982, a girl’s class ring was lost in the river a few miles north of your location. Should you find it, let me know, please.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a detecting club called "Dayton Diggers", I am unsure if they are still going but you can google them and check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread