Anyone around youngstown/salem area

revelk

Mar 6, 2008
Re: Anyone around younstown/salem area

I live in Youngstown, also work for the City. I know of dozens of old home sites in the area as well as old playgrounds, and of course Idora Park. let me know if you are still looking for someone to hunt with. Ryan

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the forum Ryan.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ryan,sent you pm with phone number. Would like to meet sometime.

skyhead

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008

I live in the akron area. and I'd like the opportunity to hunt with someone. I'm new to this so you'd have to put up with lots of questions

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi ,
sent you a pm .
treasuredog

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.

hello again. my cell number is 330-717-9225. jeff, i work early morning so i usually go out every day in the afternoon.

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.

i live in niles, ohio. so anyone interested in hunting, give me a call. jeff. 330-717-9225. if i dont answer, leave a message. thanks.

arm66

Oct 25, 2007
NE Ohio....Mahoning County

I live in Sebring Ohio. I got rid of my detector in favor of arrowhead hunting but I know of a few good abandoned farm sites inside of the Highlandtown public hunting area. They are civil war era farms. I also know of a property owner whose property is adjacent to the only civil war battle in the area.

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio

Hi Gang,

We just bought a place in Salem, Ohio. I grew up there and can't wait to get back to MD for some older stuff. Been living out here in Oregon for 10 years and took up MDing about 8 years ago. Everytime I come home for a visit I dig up IHs and wheaties. Never got to go to any of the sites I really want to hunt.

Arm66, I went to West Branch and knew a lot of guys there in the 70s. You're just down the road a piece and we'll have to hook up when I get back in a couple months. Bet we know a lot of great places we can hunt together.

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008

I still don't have one yet but maybe for Christmas, I will keep watching this thread. Have a nice Holiday to everyone!

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio

Hey gang, Treasuredog drove up to my place while I was back in Ohio getting papers signed and doing some remodeling on our new house. I don't think he was very impressed with the house as it was pretty well trashed by the last residents. But with getting trapped back there for 3 weeks instead of 10 days because of the weather you won't know it was the same place now. Hard wood floors refinished downstairs, new carpet and paint upstairs made a heck of a difference.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up about treasuredog and what I thought about him. First off he had this old XLT that was taped together and he had to slap a few time to get it to turn on and operate. Oh Yeh, its been ridden hard and probably used more then any other XLT on the planet. Looked like its been used to chop his way the thickess brush to reach those far out places. Honestly, it looked like a real peice of crap on its last leg to the scrap heap. But within 30 minutes he retreived around 22 pennies, dimes and quarters from my front and side yard. I was getting tired of watching him hit a target, cut a plug and retireving those coins so fast. Even pulled out a junk ring and braclet and only a couple peices of junk.

As for Treasuredog, I don't think you could meet a more sincere and freindly guy to detect with. I don't think I have met a guy that love detecting or treasure hunting as much as him. And if you don't think this guy is good at detecting, his finds speak for themselves. I was catch between wiping the drool from my mouth and trying to keep my eyes in their sockets as he laid out handfull of old coins of the roof of his car.

We're not talking the ordinary wheats cents, rosie and washington quarters. We're tlaking about barbers, large cents, reales, silver dollars, V-nickles and indian heads. 100s of each and some in exceptional condition. To a coin collector like myself these were all coins that should be in a album and prized as valued collectibles with a book price. To him, they were finds from different places, depths and machine to remember the hunting trip by.

But what i see in him more then he's stories, coins and tales is his knowledge of detecting and machines that anyone could learn from. Oh yeh, when we are hunting this year you can bet I will be taking notes and learning from one of the best I have met. Might have to put some lead shoes on him so I can keep up but I see a lot of good times detecting coming this summer.

Thanks for your freindship, sincereness and stories treasuredog. Was a pleasure to meet you and enjoy all you brought to the table that day.

tinkb

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Tinkb,
It was nice meeting up with you too. Thanks for all the kind words! Looking forward to you moving back here and us going detecting together. You are a nice guy to meet also and I want to see all the things that you have found,so I can drool over them too. Ha Ha! Treasure Hunters are a great bunch,that includes you! I got my Xterra 70,to replace my xlt(still going to use from time to time). It is a nice machine. Anyhow see you later new friend! Happy New Year to All and God Bless!
treasuredog

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio

Hey Treasuredog, I think you have used up all that crapping XLT has to give you. I think maybe you should donate it to me so I can find my 500+ silver and copper coins now. The way you hunt with that machine, no way I would ever part with it. I am surprised it hasn't grafted itself to your arm. Prime example of knowing your machine and what its telling you.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey I stiil got to have a backup machine! Cant retire it yet,it still has a lot of life left in it. Maybe I will use one in each hand. Ha Ha! Come back soon,so we find all that silver and copper together.

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
I am in Austintown and work for the township, just got a detector (my first one) this week. We should try and set up a place to meet soon with everyone from this area. (Harvey 330 519-1836) I will be in Hubbard this Sat. night April 25th racing at Big Game Raceway (flat track quads) give me a call and come on out if you are not busy gates open at 3:30 races at 5:30

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Harvey,
Cant meet up with you saturday night. But give me a call sometime at 330-427-6589. Dave
By the way,what kind of detector did you get?

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008
I picked out the DFX played with it in the back yard alittle (our house built in1920 and we have 4 acres) but dont have headphones yet, those i will get with the $200 back in accessories from Whites. I am waiting for the info to come in the mail. Feel free to give me a call, that is my cell phone so I will have it with me all day. I work at Austintown Township Park and we are getting ready for our kite festival this Sat. the 25th. It runs from 10 -5 there will be people from all over the U.S. should be a GREAT time. I will be working the event from 7- 12 in the morning then going racing. Give me a call.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread