chip6.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 678

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OMG...what an awesome place!!!!!!! Are you or have you detected there? I love places like that...and thanks for showing a before pic!!!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ron and Ann said:
OMG...what an awesome place!!!!!!! Are you or have you detected there? I love places like that...and thanks for showing a before pic!!!

I have not detected .....Just posting some pics so our Ohio Tnetters can get permission and go hunt there.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
gypsyheart said:
Ron and Ann said:

I have not detected .....Just posting some pics so our Ohio Tnetters can get permission and go hunt there.

I hope they can get permission...I bet ya'll would get lots of nice items from there!!! Good Luck...hope to see postings soon from this place in the near future!!!

PS: found this searching old newspapers.

Attachments

• amusement park 1949 1a.jpg
    amusement park 1949 1a.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 787

ruck

Mar 5, 2005
Mansfield,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Numerous
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 48 years old & still have fond memories of that place when I was young. Dads General Motors picinic used to be held there.Ruck

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does anyone know how to get in contact with someone?

skyhead

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
If anyone does get permission to search here I'd like to be a part of that. I'm new to this hobby and this board. what would I need to do to go along on this sort of hunt?

thanks
Dave

Grampa48

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2008
Elyria, Oh
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw ll
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gypsy you do get around don't you?

Chippewa Lake would be a great place to hunt!!!

If anyone does and you find a set of 1963 Ford Falcon keys they are mind......... ::)

skyhead

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
After doing some research I found someone had just bought this property last month and were preparing to raze it all for a new lakeside community. We decided if we were going to explore we'd better do it today. We arrived at 6:30 am and expected to have a hard time getting in. All we did was drive a few hundred yards past the main entrance and parked on the road. There were many places where the fence had fallen down. We we packed up our detectors and walked in. The problem there was no place that was clear enough to detect. With all the over growth and the places that were clear turned out to be moss growing over aspalt. Even the picnic areas were unsearchable. the ground was covered in vines and there was about 5-7 inches of overgrowth.

I did manage to find a couple place but those turned out to be so filled with trash that I just gave up. This place has been the local party place since 1978. And it appears every teen within 50 miles has consumed 100 beers each and left their trash for us to remove. This was shown by looking at the 1000's of beer cans and bottles everwhere.

I was an interesting walk and also a sad one. To see a park that had thrived for a 100 years and then just have the owners walk away from it was terrible. And you could tell there were many rides and attractions that could have been used elsewhere.

If you're in the area I'd suggest checking it out. I did see a couple no tresspassing signs and did say hello to a few locals that were fishing in the park so as long as you're not doing damage I don't think anyone will give you a hard time.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions