POLICE NEED HELP! Dayton, Ohio, Need a DEEP Pulse Induction Detectorist!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been contacted by a detective with the Montgomery County Sheriff, who needs someone with a Minelab GPX or GPZ machine to help them scan a yard. They need to reach down about 36" - so they need a deep machine with a big coil. This is a missing person/homicide investigation, and it is legit. If you think you can help, PLEASE contact me and I'll put you in touch with Detective Phelps - THANK YOU!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a job for GPR.
Don....

They had a guy from Wright State University try with GPR, and a cadaver dog, and they want to try a metal detector before they start digging up the yard.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I wish I could. How exciting that would be. I hope someone on the site can help. I will just keep my eye on the news.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, do you think that someone from ringfinders.com in that area should be contacted?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, do you think that someone from ringfinders.com in that area should be contacted?

Contacted them and the Dayton Diggers. - Thank you my friend!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A HUGE shoutout to Mike Haer, host of the "All Metal Mode" metal detecting podcast, in Dayton, Ohio! I contacted Mike and asked if he could help with this and he jumped on it right away! Yesterday with his help, the Detective was able to locate what she was looking for at 3.5-feet in depth! Mike's brother brought in a small digger from his company, and uncovered a body-size concrete slab in the suburban back yard. I'll post when they cat-scan or x-ray the slab.

Attachments

• 092120165995HDR.jpg
    092120165995HDR.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 622417254.jpg
    622417254.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 68

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread