Cave to Another World

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Has anyone come across anything on a cave in southern Ohio that supposedly leads to another world? The story I heard was from the late 19th century. After a lost local came out (he followed his dog in or some such thing) bedraggled and half crazy but in possession of strange objects, a group of men with supplies etc. went in to treasure hunt. Several weeks later, only one, a minister, came out with crazy tales of another world deep below. He was pretty much fried mentally.

OP
OP
starsplitter

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Well... I don't remember anything about bourbon or flying pigs. Of course, in the underworld things may be different. You know, Kentucky whiskey flowing from clefts in the rocks, and wings served up hooked to your barbecue ribs.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
ya know they think the oracles were high from the gases in the cave they went to to receive their prophecies. nothing would surprise me. gases, tainted water from mushrooms in the cave, it would make sense if they thought they had been to the underworld. shoot, on a bad day I feel like thats where I was, with no shrooms either!

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
stories like these are very fascinating. They do demand further investigation. One never knows what's out there until he looks. The nice thing about stories like these are that the vast majority of people out there laugh about it and don't take it seriously. Also, starsplitter,keep your ears and mind open to the possibilities that are out there when it comes to treasure dreams. There is another side and they do try to contact us....

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
There are some real caves in Adams County. These caves were hide outs for run away slaves and the names reflect that. Black's Run, Slave Cave and Freelands are ones I know of. I've been in two of these caves. One has carvings from the period. Research I have done, dug up a story from the 1890's about a larger cave in Adams County with an underground lake and awesome formations. I don't know if this cave truly exists or not. Obviously your cave story seems to be a bit embelished, however there are wild caves and show caves in OH. I am also a caver and I actively survey new caves and passages.

nicademusx

Greenie
Feb 9, 2008
ohio
i cant remember if i read it in a book (fiction) or if it was told to me but there was a story of a person lowering a rope and a bucket into a hole in the ground with food in it. when the bucket was pulled back up it was filled with treasure.

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall seeing a show like that where they sent down the bucket of food and when they pulled it back up there was treasure along with a note asking for more and eventually someone wanted to try and go down the hole and get all the treasure and when they tried to hoist him bak out of the hole his suit that he had put on to go down into the hole was full of treasure and he was gone. The note attatched had said something like "Our scholars have determined this to be chicken...very tasty." Good show it was.

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Deros and Teros

Until Richard Sharpe Shaver came along, nearly all nineteenth- and twentieth-century hollowearth proponents spoke of the inner world's inhabitants as members of an advanced, benevolent race whom it would be desirable for human beings to meet and befriend. Shaver, however, had another story to tell. Shaver technologized hell.

Shaver alleged that for years he was tormented by evil creatures known as "deros"-short for "detrimental robots" (who were not robots as the term is ordinarily understood but "robots" in the sense of being slaves to their passions). Deros were the degenerate remnants of the "Titans," the people of Lemuria, who 12,000 years ago were forced to escape into great caverns under the earth to avoid deadly radiation from the sun. (Some Titans, however, stayed on the surface, adjusted, and became the present human race. Others fled to distant planets.) Deros--demons in all but name and close to it even there-were sadistic idiots who had access to the advanced Titan technology, which they used to increase sexual pleasure during the orgies to which they were addicted. They also used the machines in marathon torture sessions on kidnapped surface people and also on the "teros" (integrative robots, who were not robots but good Titans who, though vastly outnumbered, were fighting the deros); they also employed the machines to cause accidents, madness, and other miseries in the world above the caves.

Southern Ohio just has one of the entrances... they are located in many states.

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stringfrenzy said:
I recall seeing a show like that where they sent down the bucket of food and when they pulled it back up there was treasure along with a note asking for more and eventually someone wanted to try and go down the hole and get all the treasure and when they tried to hoist him bak out of the hole his suit that he had put on to go down into the hole was full of treasure and he was gone. The note attatched had said something like "Our scholars have determined this to be chicken...very tasty." Good show it was.

I remember that show. It was a TV show. I can not recall what it was but it was something like the new additions to Twilight Zone or something along those lines. I do remember it though.

OP
OP
starsplitter

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to do some more research of my own. I think the lost world story has more to do with noxious fumes than anything else. But, there could be more to the cave network stuff. I am also curious about the rock carvings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread