Hunters in central Ohio

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Hey everyone.

I have talked with alot of you on here and we have all said that we want to get together for a hunt. So this is what i am thinking about. I have a a few leads on some un-hunted farms that I may get permission to hunt because of my job here in the Guard. They are all in the Northwestern area from Columbus. I would like to set up a get to know everyone hunt for us. All the local hunters and families for a day hunt and then maybe an evening fire and BBQ. All familiy and kids welcome and encouraged.

We are new to the area and although I have made some hunting friends I think it would be fun to meet everyone in the area. I want to do this so there would be no cost to anyone. Just a meet and greet thing so that our fams can meet and we can share in the hobby.

If we try this and there is signifigant interest then I will go ahead and find the place and set a date. Time wise I am thinking late AUG or begining of SEPT so the I have time to prepare.

Acevillav, I know your in I just would like to here from the rest of ya. Good idea or not?

Anyhow........I think if we all enjoy it who knows we could do it yearly. Not so much as a club but as a group of diggers clearing an old farm.

Ian

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Count me in....hey Surfin, you may want to post this invitation on buckeyetreasurehunter.com. There are lots of detectorists in and around Columbus that post on that forum and we got together for a group hunt in late April and had a good time.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sounds like a plan please let me know if there is anything i can do to help ;D

Acevillav

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds cool surfin! Awful nice of you to make such an offer! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Ok guys got a couple farms I am trying to finalize now. It looks like it would be better to ease their tensions if we wait till the beans and corn are gone. So I think it will be a fall hunt. Which is much cooler anyways and a good time to have a cook out.

Ian

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Yup, fall looks good to me too. I've had to cut my hunts short due to the heat lately and I'd rather be able to hunt longer hours if I'm putting in a few driving miles to a location.

Buckeye Boy

May 27, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - Fisher CZ 3D with Sunray FZ-1 probe
Sounds like a great idea, count me in !

Are you planning on contacting everyone who replies to let them know when and where this is going to happen ?

Have you done research on the properties or are they just older farms ?

Stephen

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
No I havent done any research on them, they are just older farms.

Yes everyone that replies will get an invitation and I will probably get up another full invite to all Ohio hunters before the event. Maybe a month out.

Ian

Glad to have you in.

warwagon72

Aug 17, 2006
Hamilton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Sunray DX-1, 9.5, 6X10, 4X6 coils. Bulls eye backup
Okay, planning for cooler weather and soft ground. Lets go hunting.

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Oh yeah......I should have said no steelers fans......but um.........no steelers fans!

Just kidding
you cant help that you confused.

Surfin

JTewell

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2006
Fall is the best time. I have never just hunted farm fields. What do you guys find there? I know they find stuff down south from the war, but have not heard about much in Ohio. JT

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Ok the farm is getting squared away. I am tryig to get this all done quick because the owner is being deployed so I really feel guilty for bothering him about this but I think we are OK.

As soon as I have final confermation I will get out the info.

Surfin

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
if the date is free for me... and the wife will consent.... I'm in....... I am also a WHite's dealer.. if anyone wants anything.. i can bring it with me and save the shipping costs

Randy

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Columbus areabhunt will bring Jeff and I too.

SKD and Jeff

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
If you get a hunt set up and Im not working ill show up as well...just drop me a line...jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread