• hageman.jpg
    hageman.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 275

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I have a problem listing these things as abandoned..... someone owns it and obviously mows it....... hunting on it... visiting it.. or walking around it without their permission is against the law! Going into it to explore, without written permission is a felony............ so while no one may currently live there......... abandoned?? More like vacant.......... I am sure that the property owner would appreciate a heads up that his house it listed on here and that there will likely be several people contacting him..... or just outright trespassing on his property.......... Just my 2 cents worth

Randy

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Minton7, you're absolutely right. But Gypsy is in luck! It just so happens that I, yes I,own that abandoned farmhouse ;D And I grant him permission to walk around there!

And you too should ask for permission to walk anywhere you walk today, tomorrow, etc.... Afterall, you never know if someone might take offence!!!!!!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Minton...I understand your concern...but I have never encouraged anyone from going into or even onto property without the owners permission. I have steadfastly repeated myself over and over about this. I post properties that are empty,abandoned or of historical interest in order for Tnetters in those areas to seek permission and then hunt....If anyone takes it upon themselves to hunt without permission ,then they suffer the consequences.........As far as taking pictures of abandoned properties,as long as I am not trespassing then its ok... I never enter a house to even take pictures without permission...........If I am taking pictures on a property or inside,then you can rest assured that I already obtained permission....
As far as mowed properties...even when they are abandoned,many townships will mow the properties for safety and fire hazards and the cost is added to the tax payers bill....I know ours does

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
uh, I guess I didn't add enough "smilees" to this post, to let viewers know my post was "tongue in cheek". I do NOT own this property, and was only hoping to convey the silliness that people shudder in fear about detecting an abandoned site. For example, maybe I'm just "reckless", but if I'm driving along, and see an abandoned site like this, I just detect it. I guess if it was posted or fenced, then I/you might approach differently, but in the case of simply abandoned where anyone and everyone can just walk right to it, I just go! That was the intention of my jestful reply. Sorry for anyone who thought I actually did own it.

Yup, just like I own all the sidwalk strips between the sidewalk and the street, that sometimes gets asked about, and I own all the city's tot-lots, that some people wonder if they need to "ask permission" to detect, etc.... ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions