Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Jeff, you whupped this out there and nobody commented, but I will. Go get Mrs. Farley's book "In Plain Sight' for more info. Barry Fell did a lot of translating on Ogam writing, but I have no place to go and check his work. A lot of inscriptions are graffiti, idle markings, tool sharpening marks, and sign posts to indicate what is located there. Such as a source of water, etc. Or something really cool, as this is where we shot that deer with 47 points. The debate is about when they were made. It's hard to imagine ancient Egyptians in Oklahoma, as there are no rest areas to speak of along the interstates. And to come all the way from Africa and wind up in the Oklahoma panhandle, well, I don't know. ( It just begged for humor to be inserted) I believe we don't know even one whit of history as it actually happened. While we're at it, what are your thoughts on the Granby Idol, since I'm up here pretty close to there? (Not the bulldozer) Later, thanks for all you do.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Granby Idol" ?

I tried t google something up on it.
Found Mention but no real details.
other then Colorado is Mentioned alot.

Most of these posts I added on the
Forbidden Archeology subject
I was not aware of till I found
them while doing a google search.
so I'm learning also.

as far as the so called "experts"
claiming they are all Fakes, it
makes no sense to me. Why would
there be a Large Group of Carvers
running all over the Country Planting these ? & It would
have to be a Group, or one Industrious Con Man :tongue3:

& We know it's not Kids. They would
be using Paint. and spewing love and filth :D

it is obvious to me there is more here then meets the Eye,
but because it dosn't fit what the Archeologists
were taught, they don't want to admit their
teachings are all together wrong. Or they are afraid
The Arabs will Claim the U.s. & Rename it Oooday-Kooosay :P

As far as the lack of Rest areas along the Interstates
for the Egyptians :P
Camels can Unload anywhere :wink:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well bud, I can't find you a good website inre the Granby Idol. Allegedly it has an ancient Chinese script and an engraving of a mammoth and a dinosaur. Jack Kutz has a book out called 'Mysteries & Miracles of Colorado' which has some info and references. The whole thing was maybe it was a signpost for later travellers. I don't know if it's a hoax. I don't know if the Heavener Runestone is a hoax. Taken in the context that I would sit down and scratch markings on a rock thinking that a hundred years later folks would believe ancient Egyptians made them, naw, I don't think so. I believe that all the markings on stones had a meaning to whoever made them, and were pertinent to the time they were made. Many people today have a natural wanderlust; it is not inconceivable that ancient Vikings could have wound up in what is now Oklahoma. We need a method of accurately dating when engravings were made. Later.

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
RGINN,
Was in the Picture Canyon of SE Colorado two days ago. I'm sure you're probably familiar with the pictoglyphs and petroglyphs there, but the gentleman guiding me through this area suggested that the two glyphs below represented viking boats. The appendages protruding from the center of the drawings are believed to be the oars projecting from the ships hull. I'm no expert on the subject, but again, this particular guide suggested that more recent work pointed to this theory.
See ya,
docmann

Attachments

• Pictoglyph.GIF
    Pictoglyph.GIF
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,400

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see it in the picture, Docmann, but yeah I'm familiar with some research done in that are. I'll go over to the artifacts forum and post some pics of pictographs I saw in Utah.

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
RGINN,
It's pretty tough to see in person too. The one on the right is suppose to be a Viking ship with the extended bow with dragon face. The lines projecting out are suppose to be oars. The one on the left is suppose to be a drawing of a ship as if you were looking down upon it. Again, the multiple lines are suppose to be oars projecting away from the hull. Again, this is suppose to be one of the prevailing theories. Looks like it would take a great deal of imagination, however, to see all of that. However, the pictoglyphs have apparently faded over centuries and perhaps we don't see as much as the "experts" see. I'd like to see those images from Utah when you get around to it.
Thanks,
docmann
ps:
I've included a less-common pictoglyph from a cave known as "Mummy cave" located on private property about 4 miles southeast of Black Mesa. This is a figure of a man extending his arm towards a rectangle form or object. I have no idea what this means, and I'm not certain that it has ever been formally investigated by a legitimate archaeologist. It could represent a man beating a drum (but for all I know, it might be a golfer reaching for a 9-iron.). Give it a look and let me know what you think.
mm

Attachments

• DSC09703(2).JPG
    DSC09703(2).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,687

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Well bud, I can't find you a good website inre the Granby Idol. Allegedly it has an ancient Chinese script and an engraving of a mammoth and a dinosaur. Jack Kutz has a book out called 'Mysteries & Miracles of Colorado' which has some info and references. The whole thing was maybe it was a signpost for later travellers. I don't know if it's a hoax. I don't know if the Heavener Runestone is a hoax. Taken in the context that I would sit down and scratch markings on a rock thinking that a hundred years later folks would believe ancient Egyptians made them, naw, I don't think so. I believe that all the markings on stones had a meaning to whoever made them, and were pertinent to the time they were made. Many people today have a natural wanderlust; it is not inconceivable that ancient Vikings could have wound up in what is now Oklahoma. We need a method of accurately dating when engravings were made. Later.

I have a picture of 'the Grandby Idol', obtained from gloria when i worked for her, I will try & dig it out of my papers.
Also, she had pic's of a 'Scarib beetle', that was found in OK, plus 'Chinese artifacts' dug from a deep well.
She invited me on a trip once to the 'Kiamichi mts' to help uncover a 'Huge slab of rock', (I couldn't go that day), regretted it ever since, Barry Fell had promised to spend several thousand dollars to help develop the 'site'.
A local 'Treasure-Hunter' found the stone, got permission from the foreman of the land to go on the place, but when the 'absentee owner' found they were there, she made everyone leave, turn over any pic's, molds, rubbings & not return.
Gloria was 'Heartbroken', she said this site would have been the 'Biggest find' in North American History, (it was a large slab of stone, partly covered with soil), with large carved letters, maybe some day it will be 'excavated' .

Here are the pic's of (The Idol)
Fossis.................

Attachments

• Mammoth & dinosaur 001.JPG
    Mammoth & dinosaur 001.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 836
  • Mammoth & dinosaur 002.JPG
    Mammoth & dinosaur 002.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,415

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it, Fossis. It's a side view and you need to look at them sideways. I got better pictures in a book somewhere here, I'll see if I can find them. Several pictures were taken by a school teacher when it was found then the stone disappeared. A lake covers the site where it was found.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
RGINN said:
Go get Mrs. Farley's book "In Plain Sight' for more info.

That's a book I've been trying to get myself for a long time. Fossis recommended it to me some time ago.

Love this topic, very interesting indeed. When you see things like the Runstones in Heavener, OK., it makes you wonder about a lot of stuff.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotto, if you get down to Heavener you can buy that book at the state park there. Some of the book stores around Oklahoma were carrying it in the 'local interest' section. Another good one, but hard to understand, is Barry Fell's 'America B.C.'.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Scotto, if you get down to Heavener you can buy that book at the state park there. Some of the book stores around Oklahoma were carrying it in the 'local interest' section. Another good one, but hard to understand, is Barry Fell's 'America B.C.'.

I borrowed that one from Gloria several years ago.

Fossis...................

RigDean

Sep 6, 2008
There's runestone st. park in Heavener ok. they have this building erected around a huge rock up on the mountain. apparently the vikings sailed upriver from the ocean, landed here and carved a property marker into the rock. there are also others in the area but runestone is the most widely known. If you live in the area or are passing through and have some time to kill, it's a neat thing to visit.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watched some of it this morning on my DVR deleted before the end