Detector(s) used
white's xlt

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad the Quatro markers are from the De Vargas expedition and not from Pierre La Farge the defrocked priest/rapist/murderer and his band of bandits. The markers represent John 7:47. LaFarge and his men made their cache many many miles to the east of this site and did not use these already existing markers.

Howdy Gooner,

What proof do you have that Don Diego was responsible for those stone markers? His assignment was to reconquer New Mexico from the Indians. His focus was on settlements and missions. What logical reason would he have had to set up those markers away from settlements and missions? What reason would he have to use John 7:47, and why would he have to set it in a jumbled way?

It was LaFarge who had a real reason, and the time.

Homar

Ger-man

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2010
Speyer
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN, It was never a secret where the markers are, because there are only signposts.
But it is useless if you know the position of the markers, and you don`t know the solution.
We have the solution and the geographic position of the gold, but it is useless because the farmer refused the permission.
This is the end of the story... It`s a great pity!

hcartexas

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
German: I might be able to help... contact me [email protected]

contact me AT [email protected]

I can possible gain access to the Farmers land. I am interested in searching for this treasure, and have been building a trip soon... I know for a fact I can get in, for as long as I need to.

was the first visit of the USA and from Boise City for me and my girlfriend. I had studied some years about the localities of the treasure "Tres Piedras". I visited the „Strong Ranch “and the owners at that time. They were very friendly and gave me a lot of valuable information (the today's owners I do not know). The family Strong told to me that after the publication of the history, many 1000 Treasure Hunters searched the land around the mountain "Sugar Loaf" with detectors for gold. Besides, they also dynamited the peak of the Sugar Loaf (this was absolutely unnecessary!!) and annoyed the farmers.
Then I got to know the farmer Leroy Hand who searched the treasure since many years. Nevertheless, he was always unsuccessful. Since a few years I have lost the contact with him. He was more than 60 years old even then and has maybe died. He told to me a lot about the treasure. He had very good contacts with the farmers and might enter their land. I visited the markers and did photos and took notes.

My second visit in Boise city. Again I met Leroy who had no luck again with the search for the treasure. I corrected some notes with my GPS and did other photos. At this time, I already had a good theory on the position of the treasure, but no answer of the puzzle.
Then in 2004 I bought from the USA, Satellite Maps of the area North of Boise City for a lot of money. For me there was only this possibility to explore the area more exactly, because a trip in the USA is very expensive. To my astonishment I had to find out that the Satellite Maps did not agree at many places with the Topographic Maps. It took several months to correct the topographic maps.

In 2005 I prepared an expedition to Boise City. To my astonishment, there were there many new fences and the owners of the land had partially also changed. My equipment weighed 30 kg which I had to carry many miles, because with a car I could not drive on the land. I could do many measurements and then I broke off the trip, because I could not manage alone the problems.

In the early 2008 I did another expedition. Now I could limit 3 possible places where the treasure could be buried. Again there were new fences and again there were massive problems with the farmers whose land I wanted to enter. I had to stop the expedition. I could confirm my theory with measurements. I threw away many parts of my equipment because the back transport would have become too expensive to Germany. Meanwhile the stones had also become overgrown very strongly and could be found only with the GPS.

Result:
After knowledge and interpretation of all facts, I hold the chance that the treasure is a fact for 99.9%. After many conversations with farmers and inhabitants of Boise City I come to the end that the chance that the treasure was already found for maximum 10%. Because of the answer of the puzzle is very very difficult.
Even if one knows the secret of the stones, is the biggest problem, the approximately place of the gold. The people who had buried the treasure knew of course the nearly place and could find the treasure with the help of their first secret – the markers. The approximately place was their second secret which only they knew. Nobody can start the search only with the Markers - without knowing the rough place. Difficult to understand, I know :-)
The area is about 160,000 000 square meters (40,000 Acre) include hills and canyons. A person with a metal detector needs 500 years - and he may do no mistake!

I can disclose a secret: On the SUGAR LOAF nobody will find the treasure!

I know the place within a small area. In addition I have studied 20 years of Topographic Maps, Satellite Maps and previous measurement data and have made out many calculations.
The biggest problem shows the approval to be able to enter the land some days undisturbed. My partner, since 2008, has written many letters to the farmers and the American Authorities had practically no results. Some farmers are co-operative. Two farmers give no more permission to enter their land.
For me and my partner only the third secret is important: How we can enter the land and have no problems - with the laws of the USA or with the farmers.

P.S. We search somebody who is realy able to take professionally contact with the farmers and to do the correspondence with the American Authorities. May be he knows some one (lawyer?). Either as a partner or for money.

See u Ger-man[/QUOTE]

Sep 17, 2015
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure still hasn't been found.

That would have made the news in all of Oklahoma.

I am looking to go out and try my luck at getting permission from some of the locals, anyone want to go?

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always wanted to get out there and try it myself. I first found out the story from the Wilson's book also. I have a Trooper friend that is stationed at Boise City, OK that knows the area and the people real well. Heck, it would be worth the trip for me to look for flint and artifacts!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Previous threads have tackled this ridiculous legend but it lives on and pity the poor land owners.
Wonder how many searchers regret crawling under the barbed wire on private land justifying
their actions on Wilson's yarns? I remember the book coming out and combed it thoroughly for
clues to riches but like Dobe was only a teller of tall tales.

Here is one of the most unbelievable chapters to this stinker: The banditos priests left boulders
on edge from Taos to the Oklahoma panhandle. Now I've waded through some piles before but
never one that deep. Do you believe that humans overturned countless boulders some 500 miles
long so that they could come back and use as waybills to a treasure of dore gold left on the
prairie? You see according to this crackerjack yarn these cold bloodied killers were attempting to
get to the docks on the Atlantic but all that gold (dore) was holding them back.

So what did they decide to do? Why bury it of coarse and never return.

Platinum4120

Jan 3, 2022
Hallo Ger-man, Sure enjoyed your input into this subject. I too believe the treasure is still there waiting for us. It's because of past treasure hunters who have used dynamite, littered, trespassed, or left gates open that makes it hard for us today. I hope your metal detector is strong enough, it would be easy to pass the treasure if it is out of your detectors reach. That rock you're standing on sure looks like a nice place to get a signal. I do hope you find someone to help you with a good lawyer, and I do hope you get a strong signal some day. Ihr Freund, Homar P. Olivarez
I have a problem with the 7.25 lb. bar of gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread