OP
OP
okiedowser

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's Boggy Bottom Jay.....Do you live in the Muddy Boggy Area? i have pan a little Gold out of Red River when it low and find some rock's. :hello:

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I actually grew up of the clear boggy. The one creek that surprises me that there isnt more gold in is the blue river. I have great pictures of me panning it but sadly I didn't even find any black sand. It looks like it would be great because of all the bedrock exposed. There is some gold found in the clear and muddy boggy but once again its just trace.

OP
OP
okiedowser

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BoggyBottonJay... Where you live now?like to get together some time and do a little panning? :icon_thumleft:

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
okiedowser said:
BoggyBottonJay... Where you live now?like to get together some time and do a little panning? :icon_thumleft:
I live up near OKC now but my in-laws live off pine creek lake. Next time my partner and I go out we will give ya a shout about a week before.

Raccoon

Apr 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have heard for years that you can get color near where the 23rd St. Bridge is located on the east side of the Arkansas in Tulsa. There's a Lost Treasure story about pounds of gold dust buried in what is now Brookside on the banks of Crow Creek, so that might be a source for the gold. Last I heard about it, a friend of mine said he could get $2 to $5 in a few hours on the riverbank. That would be a lot more at today's prices, if it's true.

-Rock

OP
OP
okiedowser

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's Raccoon next time i'am up there i'll give it a try, i'll post what i find. :headbang:

OklaBuck

Greenie
Jan 28, 2007
McAlester, Okla
Detector(s) used
whites, Garrett.and Tesoro
Okiedowser there is gold to be panned on the Kiamichi,Little,Mtn Fork Rivers,,,Little River is in your Back yard. Its not easy to find you have to prospect for it. Not like the GPAA locations out west. But it is there. No one I know has had a payday on gold in Oklahoma...Buck....
okiedowser said:
Sound good i live 5 miles from pine creek Lake.

OP
OP
okiedowser

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oklabuck thanks ..been on little river many times,might try up in the mts where it start,about the only place left. ???

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for anyone who has ever prospected " Blue River " in Oklahoma, I'm unable to find out anything about the gold on this river.
I have found some flour gold in this river about 6 years ago but haven't been back. I live in NC but am moving back to Blue OK soon!
Thanks for any help!

KiamichiGold

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had some pretty good results with finding gold in the Kiamichi River near Moyers, OK. Most panners can find a few flakes or flour gold but the best results come when using a dredge and going down several feet in the bottom of the river. Good access to the gold areas when the river is low. See pictures and info at www.kriver.com. We are listed in the GPAA Field Guide. Usually we have a big GPAA event here on Memorial Weekend.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CIMG0116.jpg gold4.jpg I have done very well at K River and some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread