Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.oklahomaparks.com/index.php?id=5

Can I use my metal detector? You must obtain permission from the park manager and you must have a use permit for each specific park.

Hope this helps! Beautiful place, we stayed @ Beaver Bend. We walked around Robber's Cave, never once thought of using the detector, since I've read "No detecting allowed in State Parks", I'm assuming each state has their own rules & regulations, some you can, some you can't.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks RiverRat! Not sure how I could've missed that.. I'll work on getting permission then!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's up to the park manager. I worked for Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Depts. for 7 years. He may restrict you to certain areas within the park or deny you altogether. It's handled differently in every park, probably depending on the historical context of the area, or whether BLM owns the land, and whether they've have bad experiences with dectorists in the past, probably. I don't know about any treasure there. There was a cache of rings found in the area some years back. My family knew Belle Starr, and I don't really believe she ever hung out there much, as she had a perfectly good place to live north of there up by Porum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread