Robbers Cave S.P.-detecting allowed?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RGINN

Thread: Robbers Cave S.P.-detecting allowed?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
    80 times
    Cache Hunting

Robbers Cave S.P.-detecting allowed?

I tried calling the park but I guess everybody has left for Christmas. I also haven't found anything online one way or the other about detecging. I seem to remember a post where detecting was once allowed at the park?

We're in the early stages of planning a family outing for the spring and I sure would like to take the AT Pro!!
    Wearing out hiking boots and digging tools for pulltabs...yes I have found a pulltab in the remote desert!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2414 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Robbers Cave S.P.-detecting allowed?

http://www.oklahomaparks.com/index.php?id=5

Can I use my metal detector? You must obtain permission from the park manager and you must have a use permit for each specific park.

Hope this helps! Beautiful place, we stayed @ Beaver Bend. We walked around Robber's Cave, never once thought of using the detector, since I've read "No detecting allowed in State Parks", I'm assuming each state has their own rules & regulations, some you can, some you can't.

RR

us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
    80 times
    Cache Hunting

Thanks RiverRat! Not sure how I could've missed that.. I'll work on getting permission then!
    Wearing out hiking boots and digging tools for pulltabs...yes I have found a pulltab in the remote desert!

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    7109 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

It's up to the park manager. I worked for Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Depts. for 7 years. He may restrict you to certain areas within the park or deny you altogether. It's handled differently in every park, probably depending on the historical context of the area, or whether BLM owns the land, and whether they've have bad experiences with dectorists in the past, probably. I don't know about any treasure there. There was a cache of rings found in the area some years back. My family knew Belle Starr, and I don't really believe she ever hung out there much, as she had a perfectly good place to live north of there up by Porum.
    wildpig likes this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Sponsored Links