Special rules about Tom Steed?

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always take a shovel.....my friend missed a big treasure when he found a box....but had to go back and get a shovel....someone was watching him and when he left ....that person dug up a Wells Fargo Box....... :dontknow: :help: :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I had only pulled the MD out of the car when a park ranger drove up and told me there was no detecting in the state park.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe ....just maybe.....someone will invent the hidden Vest Metal Detector...

The Shoes would have the coils in the souls of shoes and wires running up the legs to electronics in a vest........

Attachments

• scottevest-travel-vest.jpg
    scottevest-travel-vest.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 568
OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
There are MD sandals already......They do not work very well, from folks who have tried them. Not to mention, I would NOT want to risk that kind of ticket for some clad and lost rusty fishing lures!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I didn't pick this up quicker, libralab. If they told you detectin was not allowed, things have changed drastically. Virgil Walker, who I assume is still park manager, is a friend of mine and me and him detected in the park about 12 years ago. Never a problem. Same with Spud Kirk, the manager before him. I lived at one time about 2 miles west of the Gold Bells mine. Underwater now. Granted, the park is near the Camp Radziminski #3 site, but you ain't gonna get in there. I have been there with permission and found some cool things, but locals pot hunted that site to death. Go up in the wildlife area near old Cold Springs and detect to your heart's content. Lots of magnetite there which might give your detector fits. Twin Mountains to the west is a treasure mecca, but can't legally get in there no more. You want to find arrowheads? Go straight west of the community shelter along the shore line. Lots of petrified wood there too, when the lake is down. I found points and two grinding basins, one of which I gave to the park and the other I left in situ. I can't believe they told you that, and if Mike was still rangerin down there he would have been all for it. Park Managers in Oklahoma are able to approve detecting in their parks. Call and talk to Virgil and mention me. I worked there for OTRD in 1999 remodelling there bathrooms to ADA specs. I went to school in Mt. Park in 69-70. Hope this helps. And tell Virgil I said KMA. Hope this helps some.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
The mine is not under water. My wife and I got a bit lost and pulled right up to the front of it, and stopped and read the sign for a bit.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant where I lived is underwater now. I've detected all over the Gold Belles site but didn't turn up much. I was more interested in arrowheads and Camp Radziminski anyway. The actual mine has been filled and is under the road now. Next to those concrete steps, which was a cyanide reduction mill, (never used as far as I know) is a cellar lookin construction that many people think is the mine, but it's not. Maybe it was a powder magazine. For many years an old ore bucket lay there, but finally somebody stole it. I've been on the Radziminski site many times in the past with permission. That place has been pot hunted to death, but I did discover a lookout position that no one knew about. Found a bullet and a button from around 1850 and stopped. I passed the info on to OKARCHSUR and the Museum of the Great Plains at Lawton, but they haven't made a move. There's more stuff there according to hits I got. I re-located the soldiers' grave sites SW of Radziminski #3. (The bodies were later moved to another cemetary) 9/11 changed that whole scenario. I have no access to the areas because they are close to the dam and it's a water supply for Altus AFB. I could walk in from the west side (follow the old Navajo trail) but I don't know the current landowner. Still, Tom Steed's a great place with many treasure legends. It's too hot right now down there I'll bet, but maybe next time run down to Mt. Park and detect in the town park. I detected a little there and found pull tabs and some clad, but that place has got to have potential. GH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread