NE 1 seen this map ( G4021.E75 1960.J6 "oklahoma treasue map")

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NE 1 seen this map ( G4021.E75 1960.J6 "oklahoma treasue map")

"Oklahoma's Buried Treasures." This pictorial map was compiled from various sources, some historical and others less well documented. Date: 1960. Scale: 1:3,041,180. Size: 17 1/2" x 12." Over 47 Oklahoma treasure cache sites (1723-1930) are keyed by descriptive notes and position numbers in this map. Associated sites and value estimates are included as well. Map Number: G4021.E75 1960.J6 Library of Congress

Does NE 1 have a pic of this map or know how to obtain a copy?

Is this the Famous "Wolf Map" ?

Thanks in adance [wise]

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Re: NE 1 seen this map ( G4021.E75 1960.J6 "oklahoma treasue map")

I'm not sure what that map is but it is not the famous "wolf" map. The copper map as it is more commonly referred to use to be posted on the internet, (posted several years back), a version of it anyway, but it has been taken down. Steve Wilson produced a state treasure map but I think it was from the early 1970's.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alec said:
I'm not sure what that map is but it is not the famous "wolf" map. The copper map as it is more commonly referred to use to be posted on the internet, (posted several years back), a version of it anyway, but it has been taken down. Steve Wilson produced a state treasure map but I think it was from the early 1970's.

Is that a map that is in Steve's book?
I think the wolf map covers the whole state of OK. That I can show by holding it a certain way and comparing
to other maps.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites

No, that map was not in Steve's book. It was something that was published separate and I beleive it came out before the book or as an added package to the first copies of the book, I'm not sure. The original map came folded and in a large envelope, something like a 10 x 12 envelope I think. The map when unfolded is about 2 feet by 3 feet in size.

I will have to disagree with you about the copper map, it covers a pretty good size area (in my opinion) but it's nothing like the whole state or even a whole county. More like an area a 1/4 to 1/2 mile long.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alec said:
No, that map was not in Steve's book. It was something that was published separate and I beleive it came out before the book or as an added package to the first copies of the book, I'm not sure. The original map came folded and in a large envelope, something like a 10 x 12 envelope I think. The map when unfolded is about 2 feet by 3 feet in size.

I will have to disagree with you about the copper map, it covers a pretty good size area (in my opinion) but it's nothing like the whole state or even a whole county. More like an area a 1/4 to 1/2 mile long.

You could be right about that copper map covering a smaller area but it also could represent a bigger area....would just have to
show you what I mean...can't be put into words. Some maps could fit multiple areas ...just a difference in scales...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread