OKIEs

Leco

Dec 9, 2009
Calera, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett CSI 250 (Because I thought it was a ACE 250)
I currently reside in Calera but I do most of my digging east of Boswell (Choctaw County). I purchased two detectors in 2010, one for me, one for my future wife. At the time I was in Iraq and was turned onto the idea of metal detecting by my squad leader. He recommended a Ace 250. I searched for the best deal on the internet, had it sent to my parents, and three months later opened the box. They were CSI 250s. I should of sent them back but I didn't realize the difference at the time. We detected maybe four hours in the following three years. I separated from the army, left FT Hood, and moved back home. About a year later (two months ago) we went camping on my grandmothers land and decided to bring those stupid yellow machines with us. She has seven old homesites that we know of on her property, but we found nil on that campout. The next weekend my wife convinced me to go hunt with her at Lake Texoma. We dug handfulls of tabs and cans. We dug some clad which was a first, and was comparable in excitement to winning the lottery. At the end of that day I dug a sliver ring stamped 975!!! The next weekend I dug another silver ring in my backyard. Things have gotten crazy since then and I want to sell everything I own to buy one of those $2K machines!!! We haven't found anything too valuable in a monetary sense, but plenty of relics from times passed. The best part is showing a relic I dug too my 82 year old grandmother and getting a story of the past in return.

Vampcatt

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Eufaula, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150, Garrett 250 -
PRO POINTER!! (Finally!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SE Oklahoma here....around Lake Eufaula...family of hunters here...we have one detector...waiting on two more to arrive. One for the Hubby and one for our lil one (5 yrs old and LOVES treasure hunting!)..

SO... any tips or help on research for the area... we are planning a day trip in a couple days once we figure out exactly where we are going :)

Nice to meet you all!

Catt

OOH....Bounty Hunter Jr just came in the mail.. so now our 5 yr old is armed :)

Last edited:

TxGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Proline 2.5" combo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Transplanted Nw Oklahoman here....now in Texas on the Red River.....I do highbanking, dredging and some detecting.......retired love to hunt

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rogers County, Claremore, Oklahoma here. Have detector and willing to travel. Will help just for the fun. Anyone need a friend to help cover more ground?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread