OKIEs

R

Raincrow23

Re: OKIE's

central oklahoma ( Chandler). Old homesteads, coins, relics, anything I can find really.

Morgan

Sep 23, 2006

In Okmulgee, down South of Tulsa. Basically all kinds. Enjoy finding old silver dimes the most on school grounds. Nickels are the most difficult because of more than one metal composition. Had a great teacher. Fred Goss. Anyone here know him ?

He was very skilled in all of it !

D

DemonOutlaw

ne okla claremore, lots of th`ers around parks get picked clean...

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

North Central OK, Enid
Just joined and hope to find out some info on where is allowed and not allowed & where are some good locations (ex Aussie so new to the area!)
Have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and find it great.

UPDATE
***Just bought an Ace 250, hope this is better than the BH (which is good)****

***Bought a White's DFX in November***

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Norman OK. Only 2 months of experience so I have not pinned down my little niche on MDing.

Okie Angie

Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2006

Skiatook, I haven't worked up enough nerve to ask anyone if I can search their property yet. I enjoy coin roll hunting, and very interested in ghost towns (which I've recently visited several) and buried treasure stories.

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Anybody been out last few days? I spent a couple of hours last week, nothing to brag about but better than pull tabs.

lures and bullets.JPG

Attachments

• lures and bullets.JPG
    lures and bullets.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 3,289
D

DemonOutlaw

I got out a couple of days ago in a new yard,lots of pulltabs and beercans and 1toy car(lime green)

T

TheDetectorist

North Central. Another Enid-ite here. I like all forms of detecting, but I prefer old house sites best. Nothin better than finding silver! (except for gold, but we know how THAT goes LOL)

TD

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sand Springs, Oklahoma, USA! Been here all my life except when I wasn't. Proud to be a Sooner fan and even like OSU when they are not playing OU. I like hunting sandy beaches most of all but I do hint parks, playground, etc just to kill time. I am investigating some rural original homestead sites out west of Tulsa right now. Will try to hit them next spring before the weeds get too high. Would love to hunt civil war sites and do more relic hunting. The name OKIE was given to migrant workers from Oklahoma by native Kalifornians during the Great Depression. When someone teased Will Rogers about all the OKies moving to Kalifornia he said," It raised the average IQ of both states considerably"! Monty

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As an Okie immigrant I could not get over the rivalry between OU & OSU fans, in Oz that sort of rivalry is usually reserved for the 'big boys' and half the people who are so passionate about OU or OSU didn't even attend the college ??? .....just an Okie quirk I guess LOL.
Though in Oz we are known to bet on anything...two flies crawling up a wall....we even have the day off work for a horse race.

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
.........I am investigating some rural original homestead sites out west of Tulsa right now. Will try to hit them next spring before the weeds get too high. Would love to hunt civil war sites and do more relic hunting....

Sounds interesting how old are the sites you are researching?

Paul

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aussie I think some of them go back to Indian Territory days from when the tribes were relocated in the 1860s on up? Monty

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
Aussie I think some of them go back to Indian Territory days from when the tribes were relocated in the 1860s on up? Monty

Monty sounds like some interesting sites, I'd be interested to hear more (obviously not the locations) when you know more.
It's hard (or is it just me?) to find 'old' sites here in OK?
Were the 1860s about the time when non-native Americans first ventured into OK?

Paul
Aussie Okie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread