Active Okies?

262jp

Dec 31, 2011
S. E. Okla
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Active in S.E.Okla till the snakes come out & the crappie start spawning.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a native Oklahoman and active but not in Oklahoma no more. My family came up to the Indian Nations back in the 1830's or so, but I was born in western Oklahoma. Did a lot of arrowhead hunting and I was more interested in historical research than treasure hunting. Still, old time treasure hunters in my family and I first heard about the 'Cave with the Iron Door' from my grandma when I was about 6 years old. This is probably why the government has closed off the north part of the refuge to keep us out. They've heard stories, and they don't know exactly where, but they got a good idea it's probably located in that area of a few thousand acres. Along with who knows how many millions stashed by Jesse James. Shut it down and deny public access, til they find it. (And I am slightly pullin your leg in some of that)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever noticed that every major reported treasure location becomes owned by the gov't and denies access to everyone else?

Little River Hunter

Jun 25, 2012
I.T.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They're just theives who steal from working people. But, that's another thread. I just hate to see whats happening to America!

RGINN - I like historical research a little more, too. I don't have the time to get out much, but I really enjoy what the folks on here are finding, moreso from those from Oklahoma.

LRH

buffjrOKie

Mar 3, 2013
New to the crew. I've been hitting backcountry hard. I mostly swing around Shawnee, Tecumseh, and Bethel Acres and up and down 177 past Asher along the Canadian. Area of expertise: Cherokee and Adair counties. I'm a young guy (30) but been relic hunting OK since I was 6.

Currently I'm working on three areas. Just signed up to T.N. but have viewed for awhile.

Its Sunday morning, I've got three sets of backup batteries, Redbull, and its supposed to be warm today.

Will check in tonight with progress report.

buffjrOKie

Mar 3, 2013
What I need is someone familiar with Judge Parker, petroglyphs, TLB, and Masonic Pigpen Cyphers. If I'm lying I'm dying. I've sat on this for 2yrs and can't figure it out. Anybody from the area wanna do a collaboration?

Have a couple other big projects.

Meantime I'm headed back to a honey hole today.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find anything along the Canadian? I did some MDing along the Canadian here in Norman, did not find anything. Most if not all of the river access is fenced off, would be interest to MD along the river in the more remote areas.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Find anything along the Canadian? I did some MDing along the Canadian here in Norman, did not find anything. Most if not all of the river access is fenced off, would be interest to MD along the river in the more remote areas.

If you got a atv you can access the river in Purcell on the Lex side of the bridge.Like a 5 dollar chargs.We go in there and ride all the way to Union City.

okhntr

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Southwest Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATgold , Garrett pin pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to this site...I must say I enjoy scrolling thru all the post and topics. I was Born and raised in Southwest Oklahoma. I live near Comanche. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures ill have to share some. I'm doing research on Jesse James. I enjoy looking for arrowheads. Geology is something I've recently started studying. I m.d Dry lake beds and creeks. I live near the red river hopefully soon ill be m.d along its banks before the weeds and snakes take over.

okie-carbine

Apr 28, 2013
Detector(s) used
still shopping.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reporting for duty. just found this site after a renewed interest since hearing about the forrest fenn treasure. i have always been interested in buried and hidden treasures. i have been surfacing for arrowheads for years. my uncle got me hooked on it.

live in altus. born and raised. want to get into md'ing soon. really fascinated by the stories of treasures in the wichita mountains.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small town of Barnsdall OK. just recently got back on. I think the FB pages have put a dent in this place. Still a good place to read and research for sure.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still here but not doin much in Oklahoma. I do not like bein called an 'Okie' either, but all you young folks who do, here's a treasure hunt for you. Look up those silver coins the Kiowas got from after that fight with those traders out in the Texas Panhandle. It's the real deal and not a folk story. Mostly folks believe it's buried at Cutthroat Gap and maybe so, but not all. I've seen some of those coins that were made into ornaments and passed down, and some were recovered back in the 70's. Good probability more are out there stashed. But not at Cutthroat Gap. I could go down there and maybe come up with somethin, cause I have done the research, but don't get back down there that often, so y'all can go after it. And a disclaimer. I am not responsible if you go after that and get crossways with landowner or Indians. It does help to know somebody or be related to someone in that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread