New TV Show Casting Treasure Hunters in Oklahoma

developmentexec

Greenie
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Some of you may already know me. My name is Andrew. I work for a NY and LA television production company. We currently produce shows for Discovery, Nat Geo, H2, Travel, DIY, HGTV, ID, Style, E!, Food network and more.

We are currently developing a new show about treasure hunters looking for treasure in the Okahoma (and maybe surrounding areas.) We're looking for guys looking for Spanish gold, or loot left behind by guys like Jesse James or the Dalton gang, among many others.

If you're interested in knowing more - please get in touch! You can respond here, or you can email me at [email protected]

We are pretty far along in the development process - but we need a few more people! Don't hesitate to ask me any questions...

Andrew

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you do a real show instead of something so foolish. Spanish gold in OK, you do know how unbelievable stupid that is, right?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah, a real show would require brains and an effort.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I wish you luck and please, please find all the real high school transcripts and unused Pontiac Trans Ams that Barry Switzer buried while he coached OU...

OP
OP
D

developmentexec

Greenie
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah, a real show would require brains and an effort.

So what you're saying is that you're not interested? haha. You sound angry about something... Despite what you believe, there are others that believe that various Spanish Conquistador's passed through Oklahoma and surrounding areas. Myths and legends say they may have left some treasure behind. Whether or not that's true, i guess we'll find out.

If you have a better idea - let's hear it!

BUUFLOE

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW ABOUT A FATHER-SON TEAM IN THE WICHITA MOUNTAINS?
I WANT TO FIND A CONQUISTADOR HELMET.
I AM A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AND I AM SERIOUS.

OP
OP
D

developmentexec

Greenie
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW ABOUT A FATHER-SON TEAM IN THE WICHITA MOUNTAINS?
I WANT TO FIND A CONQUISTADOR HELMET.
I AM A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AND I AM SERIOUS.

Sure, why not! Email me at [email protected]. Please send a picture of you and your son as well as any pertinent info. And then we'll talk.

Andrew

OP
OP
D

developmentexec

Greenie
Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will detect in the nude for $$$$
Gary

Will you detect with your clothes on for free? lol. But seriously - if you're interested - email me at [email protected]. We're looking for people with some treasure hunting expertise - and maps/ideas/plans as to where to look in this area for some of the potentially bigger treasures.

Andrew

katyiverson

Jun 23, 2013
I believe there are big treasures here in oklahoma. I haven't found any yet, but I believe they are here

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone... anyone else interested?

email me!

Andrew

The problem is that you want to make a show about people chasing fairy-tales. Yes the Spanish came through Oklahoma, but all those tales of Spanish treasure were invented for little kids and to sell books and magazines.

Why don't you do a show on the REAL Oklahoma treasure hunters? People who dig up silver coins, CW artifacts, gold jewelry and mine for placer gold from the rivers? It would be a hell of a lot more interesting than people chasing stories and making up all kinds of BS about every rock and tree scratch leading to treasure.

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing to find in Oklahoma. Any thing of interest (Jesse James, Bonnie and Clyde, Pretty Boy Floyd, possible Spanish caches, hidden stash areas) are off limits to treasure hunters. You would have better luck following the Oil companies looking for oil. Now there is a Idea, feel free to compensate me for that idea.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish artifacts have been found in Oklahoma (spurs, bits, tether weights, etc., and maybe more items but I don't know of any gold caches) I believe a lot of these were items captured by Comanches and Kiowas on their raids into Mexico and Tejas and later lost by them in what is now Oklahoma. A program focusing on the Wichitas and Ft. Sill area would be pretty cool and very interesting, but you could probably forget about getting permission to get in there. I'm in Colorado now anyway and I doubt anybody would want to watch a show called 'Square Nails I Have Found'. Actually, a show that re-enacts treasure legends and presents all the known info without drawing any conclusions would be interesting. I could be the guy that yells 'Indians!!' (or Indios!!, I can do the Spanish prospector bit too) just before the prospectors are all killed and their gold taken and stashed over by Twin Mountains, and that's about all I could contribute.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is interesting as the Spanish certainly crossed through Ok and that means they left something behind...even if only trail markers. As far as treasures go, the only real way to know is to find a trail and follow it. This is not easy! On my side of the river (Texas) it's hard to get access to land without paying, and if you present yourself as 'just following a trail and looking for markers' you may get shut out because folks think you're an archaeologist who might find something that would cause them loss of use or access to their own land! Then there's what to do if you think you've found the end of the trail. If it's there, chances are the recovery will draw attention. Now you get to worry about everybody keeping their mouths shut-after all, just FINDING something of that nature will get you in deep doo-doo. That's Texas, but Okie laws are just confusing enough and vague to allow convenient interpretation for you to come out with the short end of the stick.

This is a cool idea, but that's all. You likely won't get any takers of the sort you're looking for! Plenty of people who want to be involved in a hunt, yes-very few that know enough and have bled enough following a trail will be willing to see it all go up in smoke, taxes and fines!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anybody ever get on the TV as a result of this? Tons of things get set up and filmed but never even make it to the small screen. A program about treasure legends and tales of Oklahoma, unbiased and presenting all known info, whether they find anything or not would generate interest. But only regionally. It would have to be expanded to include treasure stories across the USA to be profitable, because whatever they're talkin about, they're talkin about money. It's entertainment so they're probably lookin for a combination of Phil and Si. The downside of that type of program is that Farmer McDonald may get really p*ssed about the sudden influx of trespassers diggin up his place down by Addington.

RWood

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2014
Norman,Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, AT Pro! Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you're at on this, but I am interested, let me know what's going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread