reestronaut

Greenie
May 19, 2015
Norman, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any good sites in these counties? Don't want to drive much more than an hour, as my car has sucky gas mileage and I work a lot. Already got strict no's from Lake Thunderbird and Wichita Mountains. I have a list of 15 ghost towns in these counties that I want to check out, but what are regulations foe other places? Are public schools, baseball fields, etc. okay to search? What about OU campus?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best advice I can give you is go to the small towns and find where they have their yearly fair sites and detect those. You usually won't get much static over that, but just don't tear stuff up and pick up any trash you find. Most small towns in Oklahoma don't have ordinances specifically against metal detecting, but they do frown on destruction of property. And you will definitely get a no from the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge. Cool if you asked them though. Not all the Wichitas are in the refuge, and your best bet is to make friends with somebody down there and get in on their land.

OP
OP
reestronaut

reestronaut

Greenie
May 19, 2015
Norman, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I know how to dig properly, so hopefully I won't run into too much trouble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread