Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2008

oklahoma gold????

new here from purcell. anyone know or heard places of possible gold hunting. seen on a web site that there may be some around davis. if anyone knows let me know. thanks all.

Jan 2007
    Heavener oklahoma
    fisher gold bug2

Re: oklahoma gold????

a few stories i have posted about gold here in Leflore County. I live a couple miles feom the Heavener Runestone State Park
    if you like what you are getting, keep doing what you are doing!!
    Life Member Viet Nam Veterans of America.
    N.R.A. Member
    GPAA Member

May 2008

I have found a small (very small) amount of gold down in leflore county in the winding stair recreation area and I would like to go back down there and search some more

us
    Jan 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

Sent you an email.

Jim

May 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    Tesoro Silver Sabre II, Vaquero

While looking up some information on the Heavner Runestones, I came across an interesting article about that area. It mentions some gold activity there, but it is not the main concern of the piece. Still, might be info to follow up on:

http://www.viewzone.com/sender.html

us
    Aug 2008

check out area on the kiamichi river near antlers ok. there is a campground just outside of there . the GPAA meets ther an dredge an md the area.

us
    Nov 2008
    Seminole County, Ok.
    GTI 2500
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

About 45 years ago, my father-in-law took me to a rock quarry near Madill. He had contracted to remove the overburden with his bulldozer. In the racks was strands of fine wire gold. I pulled out about a 4 inch long piece with my pocket knife blade. Father -in-law stated that the owner told him there wasn't enough to mine at the price gold was bringing. $18.00/once? Don't remember where this place was, but lately been thinking about it alot.

us
    Jan 2007
    eastern Oklahoma
    Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidr
    While looking up some information on the Heavner Runestones, I came across an interesting article about that area. It mentions some gold activity there, but it is not the main concern of the piece. Still, might be info to follow up on:

http://www.viewzone.com/sender.html
    I worked for Gloria Farley as a 'driver & helper' for around 17 years when I lived in the area.
    She always called these rock formations 'concretions', & that they were natural.
    They are found in lots of places in the Ouachita mts, I have some in my Collection.

HH, Fossis..............
    fossil hunter Indian Artifact collector MDer Antique collector

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    1440 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That old saying that gold is where you find it is pretty much true. It's in the Wichitas to some extant, but it's pretty difficult to mine. Otter Creek is a good place to pan. It's a lot of work sometimes too. I'm up here in the middle of the Rockies in the heart of gold country. I've learned to recognize what mica schist is. Fossis, I really thought Mrs. Farley would go on forever so I was sorry to hear of her passing, but I was wondering if she ever finished a second book? I bought the first one a few years back when I was down in Heavener.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Jan 2007
    eastern Oklahoma
    Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
    35 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by RGINN
    That old saying that gold is where you find it is pretty much true. It's in the Wichitas to some extant, but it's pretty difficult to mine. Otter Creek is a good place to pan. It's a lot of work sometimes too. I'm up here in the middle of the Rockies in the heart of gold country. I've learned to recognize what mica schist is. Fossis, I really thought Mrs. Farley would go on forever so I was sorry to hear of her passing, but I was wondering if she ever finished a second book? I bought the first one a few years back when I was down in Heavener.
    Yeah, I thought she would 'go on forever' myself, I don't know if she got to finish the second one.
    She gave me an autographed copy, for helping her over the years.

Fossis..............
    fossil hunter Indian Artifact collector MDer Antique collector

Sponsors