Government Spooks take over another prime hunting spot!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Sad to say, we will no longer be able to hunt this site :(

Currently, this old Indian School is being remodeled for it's new tenants......Government Spooks :o
Maybe when they are done with it (If ever), we will be able to hunt the property again :'(

chil2-1.jpg

chil2-2.jpg

chil2-4.jpg

Timberwolf

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
What are they going to be doing ????

Looks like a good place to hunt. I thought I read some where that the school was giving to several Indian tribes..
HH..BJ

Attachments

• DSC03851.JPG
    DSC03851.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 491
OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BJ,

Yes, the tribes still own the property, but the government made them an $$ offer $$, that they couldn't refuse ;D
I know, because I talked to the spook that made them the offer :wink:

Hey, that looks like a pretty good place to hunt too :thumbsup:
Have you hunted it yet?

TW

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
Old school,

TW, that school is posted, my friend in the picture found it for me. David liked to ride around looking for old places. We have traveled many a mile.
David did not hunt, but liked to look foe old schools and old towns. He was killed May 1st this year. He was on his Harley headed home from the Hosp.
His wife was in the hosp. and due to get out in a couple of days. He was killed by a young girl that did not look before she left a parking lot, she may have been on a cell phone. David and I were friends for over 50 years...
And back to the school, its in SW OK. way out in the middle of nowhere... We drove around knocking on doors, trying to find out who owned it, people were not home... I would not hunt it unles the person that owned it said it was ok... I bet it never been hunted. I think the best time to hunt it would be in the spring.
Here is another picture of that old school

Are they going to let you hunt that old school ??? I bet there are some old marbles there...
HH...BJ

Attachments

• DSC03859.JPG
    DSC03859.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 465
OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
BJ,

Sorry to hear about your friend :(
I bet you guys had some great times together :)
I dread the day that I lose a close friend. That has to be really hard.

The Indian school is off-limits for now. Maybe after the spooks get done with it, the Indians may let us back on.
They let us hunt it in the past. I didn't find anything old, but I didn't hunt very long and I was new to metal detecting.
I think I could find some good stuff now......I've had a few years experience :wink:

TW

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
My friend loved racing,

David loved racing, 350CI, high 9's to low 10's. He would do anything for a friend, he is missed by a lot of people. We went to school together, got in trouble together,lol. He was more like a brother. Friends are great...

That school looks like a neat place to hunt, its a shame that you can not hunt it.
David and I found where a old Indian school use to be, but its to over grown to hunt.
Good luck on finding another place.

HH..BJ

Attachments

• Faucet_Rocket.jpg
    Faucet_Rocket.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 472

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread