1907 platt map of Illinois,, Shows all Counties in Ill.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi: In Jackson County Illinois, Carbondale Ill. 1907 Platt Book ,,Travels back & forth between John A. Logan College Archives,,,& S.I.U. College,, Suppose to be the only Copy of it ,drawn by George olgle,They won't let anyone handle the platt Book ,,But Will Copy Pages from it for anyone,, It shows old roads ,houses,has the names of who owned properties at the time, how many acres they owned etc. Interesting research maps for illinois in that time period for detecting coins,,cache hunting etc.,I found a bunch of old house sites using this platt book, went to one location & Found a very old cistern filled with Old Bottles & Stuff,But covered it back up & Left,,National forest land!,,Les

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice find!

If you hit some of the old libraries in those rural towns there will sometime be old plat books in their reference section for their county and occasionally one of the major works like that as well.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les, I am in Jackson County also. I have a copy myself. Planning on getting the new digital version with better images.

roberthathaway7

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Saline County. My family has a few small farms with old house places on them here and in pope county. I plan to get a metal detector for Christmas and search some of these old house places, but you never know where there might have been a house we didn't know about? Have you found these digital copies yet? And does anyone have a handle on where that one plat book is right now? I looked all over online to find maps of old wells that were capped off by the gov but they don't tell much. If you all have any other tips for researching places to MD could you help a new guy out? Also, I just started gathering a little paydirt for panning gold in Pope county, waiting for my pan to come in so I can get started. I don't tell anyone because they'll think I'm crazy.. anyone hear of any gold in SI?

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said to Les. I have a copy myself and have access to several other counties as well.

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Minelab Excalibur ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the new version of the platbook and it is very detailed compared to the old xerox one. I wish they were free. If you would like one let me know.

Neildo85

Feb 19, 2014
Southern ILL
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 1500 (inherited from grandpa)
Marksman(cheap gift from wife)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Pope and would love to detect or pan sometime!

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Minelab Excalibur ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This book measure 11x14 inches. It's rather large but when looking at the maps it's nice.

image-1590863194.jpg

image-1135101755.jpg

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this plat book cover plats for all of Illinois or just of that one county?

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Lawrence_1md, I would like the new version of the platbook. Please let me know how I can get one. I'm looking specifically for Grundy County.

Thanks,
digger460
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread