Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You let the secret out. That is the site I mainly use, but there are many more out there.

OP
OP
M

Mikeya9697

Mar 8, 2017
Knoxville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You let the secret out. That is the site I mainly use, but there are many more out there.

Sorry!! I live in an area that dates back to early 1800's, and my home is still part of a log cabin from?? So far we have found an 1889 IH,1924 Buffalo, some wheats and a lot of old cast iron pieces. Unfortunately, I live just inside city limits and the plat maps don't show my home or a couple others that supposedly date back to that time period. It is fascinating to see the number of old home sites that are within a short distance of me that disappeared in the early and mid 1900's..target sites if I can locate them out in the timber!!!!

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread bump....maybe not too late to help OP

Ever try the Illinois Clearinghouse site?? The entire state was photographed from above...it's too bad that the photographs were taken from that high of an altitude. Detail is not the best, but it sure helps researching.
1937-1947 Illinois Historical Aerial Photography | clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu
Click on "Viewer". The map will appear and every red square on the map is a photo link for that area. the "TIF" option will allow zooming in closely. While the "JPEG" can only zoom in or out.

Here is Knoxville in 1940...

https://clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu/webdocs/ilhap/county/data/knox/flight5/atch04019.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread