austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My father was born in North Jordan, Indiana in 1917. I understand that is gone too. Bet it would be great to detect...

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in tipton, and only have Saturdays. Busy this Saturday. If you would like to meet in the middle, great, we could look there and see what we can see

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps your thinking of Quick City? Almost a mile northwest of Frankton.

Quick City.jpg

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that's it, its on my list, checking out the POW camp in Windfall this weekend.

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used google maps and looked at Frankton. There is a bridge that crosses the river, and leads to nowhere. Looking at google it loos as if there was a road at one time. I am planning on going out there this coming Saturday. If anyone is close and want to meet up, lets do it. From the satellite, it looks as if one can go under the bridge. That is where I am planning on going. Give it a look and let me know, that way we can coordinate on time. The bridge is NW of the town, if you find the water treatment plant look just south of it.

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A question I sent to the Madison county historical society.

Hello,
Could you give me the history of a place called Quick City near Frankton ?......GRiley

GRiley

Quick City was platted but never developed. It would have been located on the northwest edge of Frankton just across Pipe Creek adjacent to the Pan Handle RR.

It was the idea of a prominent family by that named who were businessmen in Frankton. It was conceived out of the gas boom era when business was booming and towns such as Frankton were growing. The idea never got off the ground because of the decline in natural gas supply in the early 1900s..

Thanks for your inquiry.

Stephen T. Jackson
Madison County Historian

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the bridge, and I am planning on checking out under the bridge on Saturday. Looks like there is a water treatment plant close by. Good information. Let's meet there if you can on Saturday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread