Logging camps

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately - maps like that don't exist (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

I've been looking for 20+ yrs to find some but to no avail...

Also - most of those sites are going to be in the National Forest and/or on State Forest lands which are a no no to detect - they will confiscate your equipment (including your vehicle if they want to) and slap a HUGE fine on you if caught detecting on those lands...

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
i detect all over the parks a lot, most of the dnr and forest guys i run into drill me about what i find and want to try it, now if your out there making a mess, yeah your probly going to get screwed over but, i am clean when i go out there and you wouldnt even know i was there when im done
thats how you stay outa trouble.....
dan

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A huge mis-conception,that State lands are a no-no. In fact many Mi. State Parks welcome MDing, and a list is available. Lots of State land in our area, full of recreational 4 wheelers, tearing up the woods and trails hunters, etc. They sure don't care about me digging a 6" hole and filling it back in, last time out there the squirels have made holes all over the place, and not filled ant of them, never had any problems on State land, and we have thousands of acres in our county.

Marauder1998

Jul 13, 2015
Alpena County, Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can ever get to the Alpena Library, there is a room that can be entered by request which contains original documents from even the origin of the town, dating back to the mid-1800s. You may find logging maps there, but don't be surprised to see a lot of Bessers in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread