Caballo followup - stone maps?

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Well the rocks on the back side are still there as well as the cross in the tree of the back of the towers. At least the last time i checked. LOL

The mule rock way out would take me some time to find again as it was covered up with a rock.

As for the RD yes it seems to be a compass, though about half of the rock is missing. Making sure wich direction it shows creates a bit o trouble. It also shows the sun but does not get the true directions. It is one open to what ever one is willing to try.

Its one of them things. Is RD some ones initials or a director?

It is one of them things in my head as I move around on the mountain. One does gain a lot of info as one does such.

I have also gone to geology in the trips. To find such a cave that goes for a long way is such that only certain areas show were such could be due to the old slips and faults.

As for maps that show the right angle cross with initials, the ones I have seen all have the wrong initals. LOL

For folks information a lot of the mountain has been run with diferent equipment. The one that had some of the more profound effects was the EM 1600. At the top of Cable canyon it had readings that still are unbelievable. That area is claimed as well as the area next to it due to some one looking for a silver mine in the same area. So far its all lead. That is way up close the top of cable canyon and close to the top of brushy mountain. Most of that area is claimed. One of these guys had some stuff riped off so they have gotten a bit paranoid up there. Oh well typical of those mountains.

Folks are looking for the silver stash up there from the mine. There was an old cabin in the area. Material from in put it about 1860 and later. Interesting for that area. It would have been an interesting area up there back then.

It is also the suspected area of one story By Buster Wards dad of a cave they all stopped work at the mine and went to thinking they would find treasure. From what was written they found a few corn cobs.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Speaking of "Turtles" ::)
This is one of two That I know of, on Doc's 1st "find" !
West side, below (south of) Palomas Gap!

He's about 6-7 feet long and about 3' high
I have never seen any mention of this kind of "Turtle" in any Treasure Book ( of "T" signs)

Attachments

• Turtle, NM.jpg
    Turtle, NM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,014
  • Turtle, NM.jpg
    Turtle, NM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,961

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
You have to look at the Photo with a very careful "Eye" 8) because there are several messages
included with & about, the "Turtle" itself !
The Turtle is about 100 yards from a Spanish "Look- at -Me" Rock ( A trail sign)
This Site has more "T" Signs on it that I have ever seen or heard of before!
It maybe indicating that this the "Mother of them All!" Cavern Treasure Area ? :-\
Anyone interested in spending a week or so there ?
Doc & I will be up here some time this Summer ! ???
I believe that on my last trip, I located a "Hidden Canyon" thru my "Binocs" !
Just below a 3d Image of a full lenght Indian, :o about 5-600 ' up a sheer cliff !

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Goldseeker7:
We are getting things lined up for our 12+ month(s) long trip
Much of the time, will be spent in The Caballos :D
And!
Over in "Dog Canon" ! (So. of Alamogordo)
On both sides (E/W) & both ends (No./So.) of the Caballos
After, we get back from a couple of sites in Southern Arizona
Could you send me a Time/date & phone number so that we can get together and
talk over some real serious TH'ing ? ;)
I will be flying over and around the Mnts to have a quick look
& take some aerial photos
I'd like to include your site(s)
Things look a lot different from up there!
Can we " Make a Deal " ? ;D
Could be very profitable for all concerned

OP
OP
goldseeker7

goldseeker7

Jan 21, 2008
Hey Bill
I'll send you a number via private email... I have a couple HOT spots you can check out, I have the co-ords to make it easy.. I'm a solid 51% should you or yours find treasure or anything based on my input/information. Deal?
You would have to determine possible access permission on one. The other is harder but free.
Both of these sites can be worked with a good Detector. One site would contain bars and or a certain chest of stuff; the other would be bars only, probably Silver... but who knows? (-;
G7

svongray

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2005
virginia
was ta kin to a place on the road going to hatch when i lived there by Harvey snows son roger who was living in ca and he new all the good places in new Mexico! if you no your history of the area and the story's of the area from Nixon's era you.ll know who snow was!! well i was friends with roger and was at many great places including the one on your map from the stone! it is right off the road near a radio tower and dump and when you get to the top near the tower you can see hatch and you will see many other things that will blow your mined !"marking wise; also openings blasted shut! you will no you jump off onto the right road off the main one when you see just past the dump area and start up the road towards the tower a big carving of a Indian riding a horse! just one note! i wish i had the resourses that some of you guys had to go on your hunts;boy i could show you some stuff!! keep truckin,red c gang

OP
OP
goldseeker7

goldseeker7

Jan 21, 2008
Just an FYI for some of you guys reading old Spanish maps. They made efforts to disguise everything, even the maps, should they fall into the wrong hands. One tactic used was to flip North and South on the map. They would generally leave East to West correct. In other words, backward.
You might also try looking at your map reflected in a mirror. I have personal experience with both of these techniques that sometimes changes the whole perspective.
Let me know if it helps anyone!

The radio towers on top of the Caballos are north of & part of Timber Mountain. I have looked around up there some. Its a beautiful place, one can see hundreds of miles. I watched a forest fire burn over in the Black range from there one time. I suppose the spot referred to is up there? Its rough. There are old vehicles up there down in the raveens that never made it back out. You will find many strange and amazing things hiking from that top down toward Longbottom. Don't try it unless you are knowledgeable & well prepared.... you'll need ropes.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
A great area you are talking about. Ropes? Yep have learned to take em with me in my older age. LOL had a knee lock in the middle of a cliff. That will teach one to carry, and use them ropes. down of the face and twords the beak (south of of the west face) is what they call angles landing. Some crazy folks digging in that rock pile. Of off the face of that is were George use to hunt. He said he was shown by Whitey an entrance when he was a kid. He died of a heart atack on the mountain, doing what he loved. Spent a bit oh time in them arreas as well as the north area also.

A lot of story,s in that area.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
It has been siad to come from a few diferent places.

The rock is such that it is a reverse on one pic according to some. It is also on a New Mexico postcard.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all i maybe able to help, I was sent this huge package about doc noss victoria peak and some 19 typed page a man name robert ward sr. on it says to my grandson and on it history of the caballo cache. and then in this huge pile is. a letter from a lady name ella foster from safford arizonia i think its 1963 but sure saying she knows the entrance and doc noss was a crook and mislead evryone due to too many people wanted in. i have a picture of doc noss slumped over shot by his buddy.Ill have to get this map up for you,it shows 4 possiable entrances to this so called cache on caballo . it has permit requiremnts and how get them everything, i have from letters to newspaper clipings.the dates range from 1917 -1990
If you are wondering how i got this sent to me in 2005 from a man in alberquqe new mexico

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to scan but couldnt it to work so im writing it as i have it.

Saffard Ariz.
Nov.5 -63

Dear friend:

got your letter the to-day sure glad to hear from you.
Jim ward is our(cant read).
beleivev you me. he knows Enough abiut mrs. noss to stop her from cheating people.
He brought doc.noss to n.m. from texas and showed how they could set-up a con game.
only where? hey intended to set it up,was across the river from hot springs but the ranchers there ran them out. They weny back to H.S. and doc was put in jail so was jose. So thats how they camto in the cave, Jim can dig up people to prove it,But he also says he will go to court and tell the truth about the nosses. So I think we have something,I got a Letter from Les he is waiting for another permit,to go back to the cave. He also says there going to open it this time. He is very intrested in jim so i thinkl if we all got together we can do something about this.and see that mrs noss and her children are stoped anymore stealing. Im all for it, (some name cant read) wants to see the cave opened. then its for sure i think everything will be for the best.Then people who were taken for so much money can maybe get some of it back. Only some of them are dead.That can never be righted. I thing hugh will be very intrested what jim can tell you also. I also wrote Chester and gary a letter from him he was very intrested only he cant get it worked out. i also have the F.B.I. on Jose. so we can find him,Les says its important to get a hold of him so i got that started. Also Chester sure ought to have his story by the time this is overThere is not much more i can tell you. but if you can get a R.V. and hugh up here, i think it will be better for you all to talk to jim.we are both short on cash,so how nosses could have cheated so many people and there still be a cave there. I think doc couldnt sell this stuff but he already knew that people go in with him and help him get the gold out so he must of figured if blasted. he would get more money and not have to sell anything .at least thats the way we have it. so its going to be up to you all. I live part time at 200 8th ave az. you can find me at the ritz bar hope to hear from you all soon.

Ella Foster P.O. box 605 Safford Ariz.

thats what i have i tried to look it up if anyone heard of this let me know

OP
OP
goldseeker7

goldseeker7

Jan 21, 2008
Hey thanks!
Would the Jim Ward be any kin to the one they call Buster back in 29?
Buster was the one that supposedly fell under a train and got his legs cut-off. Then Jack P's brother also was in a wheelchair without legs.
I keep finding all these co-incidences in my research of supposedly different people at the same place at the same time doing the same thing and its all too much for chance... some of these guys were connected or used an alias and or was the same persons.
I'll send you a email, if you can send anything to help...
Thanks again
G7

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironicaly i have a news paper cliping sayin robert ward jr had both legs cut from knees down he was 27. i have a 19 paged typed story of events that are same as news articles and some location but i would know where to start. the thing is if the story is true it says the us govertment took it if false then i have now idea one part said if see the opening you shake your head its been there all this time also says something where ward sr went from timber woods and was in there but left never seen anything but didnt want to go down further im over a 1,000 miles away but ill true to use google map just hope things are still the way they were back then

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Well!
If you need some Full Time help
Doc & I are going to be in the Caballos for quite sometime
We are free to spend as much time there as is required
We don't have any dead lines or schedules
This trip is being planned for about 12+ months long
That's time living in the field, hiking, looking ,researching, digging, etc!
We can be in place until we find or don't find (using all the leads, etc)
We have the time, resources, experience, etc
Contact Doc or Me
[email protected]

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to head out to new mexico i going to meet the guy who sent this stuff to me. in albaqurqe new mexico. bad thing im waiting on a settlement i still have on more surgery in spring but will able to go in a cuple weeks i have 6 screws in my spine so wlaking or hiking is all i can do i uess good for me plus im getting the garret 2500 package with the blood hound for deep prospecting. im going to scan all a put in a small web sight or e-mail it anyone. im going to try to post some clippings tonight.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok if this whole tale is true and what i have in my hand. the top of the cave. mouth of cave in a clump of shinoak near top of mt. timber on north slope 7,500ft alt. got scared and left this is said to be top. ok now in here said willie douight found a way bill in a old adobe he tore down and started at black mt range used compas fr old landmarks on west side. ok leter through the letter said they drove at rock house little wa farther up the canyon and build his 4 monuments and post his notice it was a little hill right beside the canyon in plain sight of all of us. said if there is a claimed should be at hillsboro to record location. Ok i e-mailed a map and some clippings of what i have if you want ill scan some pages and e-mail if to confusing

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh i just scanned whats supposed to be a entrance to the cave and few other just let me know i can e-mail if you can post. OK im conffusing myself here i have 2 diffrent treasure tales doc noss and the cabelos mt gold. so far everything is cabelos if intrested ill send the doc noss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread