digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM ON THE SUSQUEHANNA ALSO, EAST OF BINGHAMTON, NY---ISLANDS HERE HAVE BEEN GOOD TO ME FOR ARROWHEADS AND SUCH----TRY AND FIND SOME OLD MAPS ONLINE, YOU CAN RESEARCH YOUR AREA FOR THE REV. WAR AND AFTER---MAY HAVE BEEN A TROOP MOVEMENT OR ETC.--------GOOD LUCK !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IM ON THE SUSQUEHANNA ALSO, EAST OF BINGHAMTON, NY---ISLANDS HERE HAVE BEEN GOOD TO ME FOR ARROWHEADS AND SUCH----TRY AND FIND SOME OLD MAPS ONLINE, YOU CAN RESEARCH YOUR AREA FOR THE REV. WAR AND AFTER---MAY HAVE BEEN A TROOP MOVEMENT OR ETC.--------GOOD LUCK !!

Thanks for your suggestion...great idea. Is your area prone to flooding often? Have you noticed any changes in finds after a flood? I mean have you found anything in previously searched areas AFTER a flood? Thanks again.

Happy Hunting!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate that f word anymore----2006 3 feet first floor, lost everything and i mean just about everything, we waded threw 4 foot of water to get to the main road with a gallon of milk, our little dog and 2 kids, saved our 2 vehicles ----- & 2011 we had learned and quickly moved everything we could up to the second floor and headed to high land. but still had 2 foot of water/mud and had to replace everything again--flooring,walls.furnace, duct work. etc--both times we could not even get within 3 miles of our house for 6 days. seen our house on the local news with water going into the living room windows--f word sucks--if youve been there you know what i mean----hit the islands, you never know---i"ll post ya a flood pic when i can find em-----good luck diggin

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hate that f word anymore----2006 3 feet first floor, lost everything and i mean just about everything, we waded threw 4 foot of water to get to the main road with a gallon of milk, our little dog and 2 kids, saved our 2 vehicles ----- & 2011 we had learned and quickly moved everything we could up to the second floor and headed to high land. but still had 2 foot of water/mud and had to replace everything again--flooring,walls.furnace, duct work. etc--both times we could not even get within 3 miles of our house for 6 days. seen our house on the local news with water going into the living room windows--f word sucks--if youve been there you know what i mean----hit the islands, you never know---i"ll post ya a flood pic when i can find em-----good luck diggin

Thanks......those years sound very familiar to me too.....oil tank floated through the living room floor in 2006....was outta house for over a month.....smelled of oil for long time after that.

Happy Hunting!

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you noticed any changes in finds after a flood? I mean have you found anything in previously searched areas AFTER a flood? Thanks again.

Happy Hunting!

Everything depends on if the flood eroded soil away from the site or deposited it. i've noticed significant silt deposits inside the valley compared to outside.example: some indian sites dating around 500 years ago inside the valley can be found 3ft - 7ft under the current ground level. Most of the sites i search outside the valley you can find everything from 12,000 - 300 yrs old can be found in the first 2 feet. other then that i have no experience on the islands, don't know anyone with a boat. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread