Does anyone have any old maps of Morgan county?

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a drive to the University of Tennessee Map Library. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
Dan:
What are you looking for: A building, road, cemetary, minerals, or what? Perhaps with more detailed information requested, we can locate the chart you are looking for.
Don.......

I am interested in any map that shows where old houses were or might have been, especially in the towns of Morgan county. I sure would appreciate the help. I had no luck at all at the court house and library. Thanks for responding.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWnut said:
Take a drive to the University of Tennessee Map Library. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

Thanks for responding. I didn't think about checking there. Thanks a lot.

DANGLANGLEY

JOHNNY HOWARD

Oct 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAN
I HAVE A 1855 MAP OF TN.
I HAVE LIVED ALL MY LIFE IN MORGAN COUNTY
AND KNOW PART OF IT REAL GOOD
GIVE ME A CALL 423 965 3407

JOHNNY HOWARD

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to live up that way about 25 years ago. I was a relic and coin hunter at the time.I lived in Kingston and Oak Ridge and worked some in Morgan county. I put a ton of research into Morgan and Scott counties but my main focus was Roane. After all of my hard work with maps , I pretty much came to the conclusion that the roads of today are the roads of yesterday as well. I would not focus on civil war sites. If you run into one by accident then wonderful ! But there was not much activity there other that " on the march" , so focus around Springs if you are hunting civil war. Contact me anytime and I will try to think of a few places. If you want to hunt civil war , then go to Kingston. Anywhere you put a detector on the ground ...you might did a bullet or button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread