Survivalist45

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to get some maps of Powhatan, around the RT 60 and 13 area.... and 522 and 711, I know about Robert E lees last camp, and am awaiting permission as I type.

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything for Fairfax County?

ronbuck

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there from alleghany county

How about the covington area

Knice1

Aug 13, 2013
Fredericksburg, Va
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rent in Falmouth Va on route 17 ( Warrenton rd) directly east of 95. I have permission to hunt/detect the 20 acre property and I know there is history here. I found a map showing a headquaters right around me somewhere. If you have any information I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help!

rwbbts

Greenie
Dec 27, 2013
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neabsco creek in prince william county VA

Good day sir,,

Would you have any info/maps for the Neabsco creek old mine in Woodbridge VA ??
I got a map from Big ten, and it shows an old mine location on the creek.
Its 5 mins from my house on state property behind a K mart.
Went there with metal detectors ( cheapo's ) and found what I assumed to be an old building or bridge foundation.
being its so close and convenient I want to give it a thorough going over

any info you have would be appreciated, anything I can do in return, just ask.
good with mapping and Google earth searches
38 3717 13N 77 17 52 93 W
regards

Luv2fishcb

Feb 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in Stafford County in the area near Ramoth Church Road.

Thank you for helping. I'm brand new to the sport. I'm finding that for every hour I spend MD I spend 2 hours in research on the computer.

trhinehart32

May 3, 2012
I have property in Nelson County up near Spy Rock about MP 29 on the BlueRidge Parkway. I also have property in Yorktown Va and Chesapaeke Va. Would love to get views of your map to see if my son and i can hunt our property for Civil War treasures. If you are still willing to get copies i could use it. [email protected] Thanks so much

I live I Rockingham county in timberville va I have permission on a place to cannon hill about 100 acers

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to have an old map of route 460 between Montvale and Porters Mountain. I live in Blue Ridge, Va. Thank you.

cfcseti

Jul 15, 2014
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband owns land in the Alleheny and Bath County areas. I am new to this site, and really don't know my way around it yet. I would be interested in your maps for these areas. How do I contact you to give you specific areas of these counties? I really don't know how to post a private message to you. Thank you. Cfcseti

Last edited:
OP
OP
stringplucker

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the continued interest for this thread. I haven't detected for about a year now, but I'm still interested and I will probably get back into it soon. If i haven't replied to you (through Private Message) it is most likely because you haven't given me specific properties to locate. I encourage everyone to go to the library of congress and search for the maps yourselves before asking for my help. I have lost the program I used to superimpose maps in a computer crash so I won't be doing that anytime soon. I can still offer side by side comparisons of old vs new maps. Good luck and happy hunting!

PSHeirlooms

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2015
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
Garett, Schiebel, Vallon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small farm in Chesterfield County, just southwest of Coalboro on Winterpock Creek. Any maps of the area would be much appreciated.

swVa

Feb 16, 2015
Christiansburg Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have permission to detect a large farm in the Newbern area of Pulaski Co. I know there is a few historical sites in Newbern but unsure of other trails and houses. Any info would be great!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I will do R & I on several OLD Roads/Turnpikes/Toll Roads in my GREATER Lynchburg, Va. area; THEN! The GREAT Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (where I was born, raised/went to schools, worked, etc.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread