1860s Civil War Maps and Home Sites

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I will do R & I on several OLD Roads/Turnpikes/Toll Roads in my GREATER Lynchburg, Va. area; THEN! The GREAT Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (where I was born, raised/went to schools, worked, etc.)
GREAT WESTERN ROAD, aka Lynchburg-Salem, Va. Turnpike (Rt. 460 WEST to Roanoke, Va., once known as BIG LICK); WONDERFUL Civil War map (1863) is available for review; GREAT for BEALE TREASURE Hunters!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Pieces of GWR can be found in Bedford County; outside of Bedford City, (WEST on Rt. 460) once known as LIBERTY, Va. AND! MAIN STREET, Thaxton, Va. near Rt. 460 WEST. YAY!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I would like to have an old map of route 460 between Montvale and Porters Mountain. I live in Blue Ridge, Va. Thank you.
Porter's Mountain IS NOT on Rt. 460; it is BEHIND Buford's Tavern/Locust Level; on SOUTH Goose Creek.

OP
OP
stringplucker

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, It's been awhile. Finally got back into the relic world. Got my nox 800 and ready to go. Knocked the dust off of everything and getting back in gear. I'm lookin for fresh dirt, new maps vs old maps and anything in between. It's been a long time since I started this thread.

Allen Jackson

Apr 21, 2019
Bristol, TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 , Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I ask how you do your research I'm just starting the hobbies and I have found some pretty good sites with good info but as far as CW sites I'm having a hard time.

OP
OP
stringplucker

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I knew of a way to delete this thread. I started it with good intentions; to help my fellow diggers, especially new ones. But nothing ever panned out. I don't think I helped anyone, lol. I think people pretty much know where to look for info and maps these days. At the time of the original posting I enjoyed superimposing old maps over new maps and making tweeks to match them up. Now a days, I just want to dig, but alas, my few permissions have all but dried up over the years. So, if your reading this thread, and detect around the eastern half of Virginia, and wouldn't mind a tag-along, please message me....pretty please, lol. You can have everything I find if you'd like, including the trash,lol. I just would like to dig some cool relics again. I know there are trust issues, paranoia, and scalawags that don't fill holes etc. I would be more than happy to quell those issues if needed. Please message me! I'm laid off from work for the next month and ready to dig!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread