1860s Civil War Maps and Home Sites - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 1860s Civil War Maps and Home Sites

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    JW

Mar 2014
    Blue Ridge, Va
    White's QXT Pro
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I would like to have an old map of route 460 between Montvale and Porters Mountain. I live in Blue Ridge, Va. Thank you.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

May 2014
    Central Virginia
    3 times
    I would be interested in maps of Orange county in the Libery Mills area. I am in between rt 20 and rt 231.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Jul 2014
    West Virginia
    1 times
    My husband owns land in the Alleheny and Bath County areas. I am new to this site, and really don't know my way around it yet. I would be interested in your maps for these areas. How do I contact you to give you specific areas of these counties? I really don't know how to post a private message to you. Thank you. Cfcseti
    Last edited by cfcseti; Jul 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    May 2010
    virginia beach
    Equinox 800
    97 times
    Thanks everyone for the continued interest for this thread. I haven't detected for about a year now, but I'm still interested and I will probably get back into it soon. If i haven't replied to you (through Private Message) it is most likely because you haven't given me specific properties to locate. I encourage everyone to go to the library of congress and search for the maps yourselves before asking for my help. I have lost the program I used to superimpose maps in a computer crash so I won't be doing that anytime soon. I can still offer side by side comparisons of old vs new maps. Good luck and happy hunting!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Jan 2015
    Richmond, VA
    Garett, Schiebel, Vallon
    2 times
    I have a small farm in Chesterfield County, just southwest of Coalboro on Winterpock Creek. Any maps of the area would be much appreciated.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Paul

Feb 2015
    Christiansburg Va.
    Garrett AT pro Radio Shack Discovery 1000
    9 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have permission to detect a large farm in the Newbern area of Pulaski Co. I know there is a few historical sites in Newbern but unsure of other trails and houses. Any info would be great!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    WOW! Last posting was 2015! NOT gonna go to DC for LOC.

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    Just "google" OLD Roads/Turnpikes of Virginia; do R & I... MAY see OLD maps!

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    I will do R & I on several OLD Roads/Turnpikes/Toll Roads in my GREATER Lynchburg, Va. area; THEN! The GREAT Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (where I was born, raised/went to schools, worked, etc.)

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbro View Post
    I would like to have an old map of route 460 between Montvale and Porters Mountain. I live in Blue Ridge, Va. Thank you.
    BEALE TREASURE! Heh!

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    I will do R & I on several OLD Roads/Turnpikes/Toll Roads in my GREATER Lynchburg, Va. area; THEN! The GREAT Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (where I was born, raised/went to schools, worked, etc.)
    GREAT WESTERN ROAD, aka Lynchburg-Salem, Va. Turnpike (Rt. 460 WEST to Roanoke, Va., once known as BIG LICK); WONDERFUL Civil War map (1863) is available for review; GREAT for BEALE TREASURE Hunters!

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    Pieces of GWR can be found in Bedford County; outside of Bedford City, (WEST on Rt. 460) once known as LIBERTY, Va. AND! MAIN STREET, Thaxton, Va. near Rt. 460 WEST. YAY!

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbro View Post
    Porter's Mountain IS NOT on Rt. 460; it is BEHIND Buford's Tavern/Locust Level; on SOUTH Goose Creek.

us
    May 2010
    virginia beach
    Equinox 800
    97 times
    Man, It's been awhile. Finally got back into the relic world. Got my nox 800 and ready to go. Knocked the dust off of everything and getting back in gear. I'm lookin for fresh dirt, new maps vs old maps and anything in between. It's been a long time since I started this thread.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    15731 times
    And...?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links