Need to check this Los angeles site out!

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Hi Everyone,

Realizing that I do have some areas of interest not too far from me that have some history..I hit some old photos of the Lincoln park/Luna park/eastlake park photos for some idea how the park looked originally and where I might focus my attention in detecting.

late in the 1890's this park was set aside and became a zoo, it had a touristy Indian village, and several other areas of interest for the dwellers of Los Angeles.
Now a somewhat rough area, frequented by some less than desireables at times..I hope to find a few early coins or relics from the thousands of visitors the place had.

Hoping that detecting is not off limits, (having not seen anything regarding such) I will hit this site early Saturday morning.
attached is a map of the park in 1908 and an aerial photo from 1930's..
I'll keep you all posted.

Attachments

• EastlakePark 1908.jpg
    EastlakePark 1908.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 494
  • ArialView lincoln park 1930.jpg
    ArialView lincoln park 1930.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 508
OP
OP
SGVALLEYMAN

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Besides the hundreds of beer tabs and beer caps i've managed to pull from here , the oldest coin so far is a 1913 lincoln wheat penny, and a old red car token from days gone by.
I have managed to pull a few dollars in clad over three visits, and dozens of old pieces of iron from what I can guess was part of the original fenced off area.

I'll keep you posted, I know more good stuff is just waiting to be found.

Scott~Sgvalleyman

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there - its been a couple years but wondering if you ever made it back to dig the rest of the goods!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread