Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kissingen_spring.jpg
Kissingen Spring (Polk County): This powerful, clear-blue spring flowed with a force of 20 million gallons of water a day. One of the most popular swimming holes in central Florida, it became a victim of groundwater overpumping and dried up in the late 1950s."​

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, didn't know this old spring was here. I'll have to see if I can locate it... even if it is dried up, there may still be some neat finds there, assuming it hasn't been turned into condo's or a strip mall.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in Orlando in the service me and my girl friend use to go to a swimming hole that reminded me of that picture. The water was so cold you could barely stand it and and as clear as glass. I don't know how much flowed from the springs but it went a good half mile down stream before it went underground again. That was in the late 1960s. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place but it ws great swimming hole and pic nic area for family gatherings. It was just outside Orlando somewhere. Monty

Viper5728

Greenie
Apr 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, didn't know this old spring was here. I'll have to see if I can locate it... even if it is dried up, there may still be some neat finds there, assuming it hasn't been turned into condo's or a strip mall.

I know where it is. But I wouldn't go there. It's on Southwest Water Management property. Get caught trespassing on their property and the Sheriff will be allover the news again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread