• Resize of Sand Springs Lake 3.jpg
    Resize of Sand Springs Lake 3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 909

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it Monty! Quit trying to coax me out east. I know you guys have all the old stuff. :tongue3:

The first thing I had to do was google this and find out where it was. Don't make me come out there with my dive gear and SM2 detector! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I could get permission to hunt the water because I have a couple of ins who work for the city. But this little lake gets deep fairly quick as you can tell from the old diving platform. And since there use to be all kinds of water rides, etc there are any number of old pipes and under water obstructions to be wary of. I don't have any diving equipment and the water is pretty nasty now due to all the run off from the houses they have built up around the lake. The park was only for picnics and the swimming beach was open when I was a kid in the 1950s. It was all closed down in 1957 along with the old trolly that ran by the lake and across the dam. The beach and shoreline was altered by a jogging path being built and a lot of fill was dumped where the beach use to be. Any artifacts or coins are now about 5' under the fill. The shoreline has been hunted to death for years but no startling finds have been reported. But the water was never hunted to my knowledge. Monty

Raccoon

Apr 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Monty said:
I think I could get permission to hunt the water because I have a couple of ins who work for the city. But this little lake gets deep fairly quick as you can tell from the old diving platform. And since there use to be all kinds of water rides, etc there are any number of old pipes and under water obstructions to be wary of. I don't have any diving equipment and the water is pretty nasty now due to all the run off from the houses they have built up around the lake. The park was only for picnics and the swimming beach was open when I was a kid in the 1950s. It was all closed down in 1957 along with the old trolly that ran by the lake and across the dam. The beach and shoreline was altered by a jogging path being built and a lot of fill was dumped where the beach use to be. Any artifacts or coins are now about 5' under the fill. The shoreline has been hunted to death for years but no startling finds have been reported. But the water was never hunted to my knowledge. Monty

I'm pretty sure I played there a few years ago with the Red Dirt Rangers. I puttered around with a detector, but no significant finds.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A distinct possibility. All but the water has been hunted a million times and I don't know of any really big significant finds there on the dirt. Too much infill has gone on around the lake I fear. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread