MAHAFFEY, PA. CAMP MEETING

015MAHAFFEY, PA. CAMP MEETING0_1_sbl.jpg

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
There are probably people I know in that line! The structure no longer exists; it was a cover for the line going into a dining hall. The hall collapsed under heavy snow in 1994 and the structure shown was removed afterward. I've done some detecting at the camp, and it has been hit before me :'(. The obvious areas are clean as a whistle; I had to really use my imagination and knowledge of where things used to be to find wheat pennies. So far, no silver for me.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another Pic from Mahaffey.
Not sure IF the same Place.

MAHAFFEY, PA. MAIN TABERNACLE AND TENTS CAMP MEETING
MAHAFFEY, PA. MAIN TABERNACLE AND TENTS CAMP MEETING.jpg

&

MAHAFFEY SUSQUEHANNA PARK CAMP MEETING
MAHAFFEY SUSQUEHANNA PARK CAMP MEETING postcard.jpg

MAHAFFEY CAMP MEETING, PA Christian Missionary Alliance
MAHAFFEY CAMP MEETING, PA Christian Missionary Alliance.jpg

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Yep, same place! Those tents are long gone; I stayed in one of those when I was a kid, but never in that exact location. I never knew tents to be in that spot, so that picture predates the '70's. My avatar is actually a picture, taken last year, of a wooden carving at Mahaffey Camp.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I plan on being there in the next few days; last year, I finally managed a Walker but I had to be real clever to find it. Last fall, I ran into an old college/Mahaffey friend who told me he'd detected at the camp quite a bit. That explains why the main areas are barren. I have another plan for this year; I'll post whatever I find here.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Just got back from five days at one of my favorite spots on earth. I stayed in one of the dorms pictured. It's been renovated and now has toilets and showers; not so when I was a kid! It could be that my parents are waiting in the dinner line; their first date was at Mahaffey Camp in the late '50's.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mahaffeybarb2.jpg

Forgot to post these a couple years ago. Found a little spot just on the edge of camp that nobody else searched. Some Buffs and Indians but this was the prize!

Attachments

• mahaffeybarb.jpg
    mahaffeybarb.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 45

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions