1916 Lovers Lane , Devils Cave, Williamsport, PA

williamsport 1916 Lovers Lane , Devils Cave, Williamsport, PA.jpg

Devils Cave Williamsport
williamsport Devils Cave Williamsport Pennsylvania.jpg

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
hey jeff

I saw this post and had to reply...I found this last year....hmmm I have been all over the property that is is supposed to be on but can not find it...any Idea's what to look for? Even found an old map.....

Attachments

• 16e5_1_sbl.jpg
    16e5_1_sbl.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,220

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Here is a little bit of info I found on Devil's Cave. It's not much, but maybe it will help.

<<Staying with devil's theme in local geography there is a "Devil's Cave" along Lycoming Creek near the Wildwood Cemetery. There is a unique geological formation of large boulders along Montgomery Pike called the "Devil's Turnip Patch." And there is a road with a 90-degree bend to it in Piatt Township called the "Devil's Elbow.">>

http://www.historicwilliamsport.com/Features/Spooky Lycoming County.htm

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
well I finially found out exactly where the devils cave was here in Williamsport. take High St and go past the old Lycoming engines factory and where high st makes a right turn and you come to the bridge it was on the right . the land has slid away there and the only way one might get to the cave if it is still there is to take a trail from high st just befor the turn and hike up over the hill and come down or hike from Wildwood cemetary over and down. it is city water supply and no trespassing there now.

Update on it : the place where the cave was has been blasted out I was told because kids was getting iin there and the city was afraid that someone would get hurt. one can see the rubble from where high st ends and lycoming creek road starts.

DeannaMarie.

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
well I finially found out exactly where the devils cave was here in Williamsport. take High St and go past the old Lycoming engines factory and where high st makes a right turn and you come to the bridge it was on the right . the land has slid away there and the only way one might get to the cave if it is still there is to take a trail from high st just befor the turn and hike up over the hill and come down or hike from Wildwood cemetary over and down. it is city water supply and no trespassing there now.

Update on it : the place where the cave was has been blasted out I was told because kids was getting iin there and the city was afraid that someone would get hurt. one can see the rubble from where high st ends and lycoming creek road starts.

Could you explain to me how to get to this location from the Citgo gas station located at the bottom of Wildwood Rd?

tomsusmc

Oct 22, 2012
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX w/DX-1, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jeff......

Did TnT2000 ever find the Devil's Cave he was looking for? That post card says: Easton, PA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread