Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Oct 2007
    San Diego
    Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
    6 times

Historic Picnic Spot and Time Travel to the same spot

Found this reference in a local CA history book I'm reading. I edited the caption to retain the 'mystery' of where this spot is!

Based on information in the caption and throughout the book, I was easily able to find the exact spot, and what I think is the same tree, 110+ years later.

This is the only eucalyptus in the area, which does not automatically make it the same tree. But, the tree architecture is so similiar (multi-trunked at a low level, which is uncommon), I'm pretty sure we're looking at the same tree. I know the picnic spot is at the same place I took this photograph (again, I can't say why without giving too much away). So you probably want to know if I detected the area. Yup, and all I came away with were some old shotgun shells (12 and 20 gauge) and some modern trash. There is a thick build-up of detritus here, so I may need a heavy-duty rake to get down to where the older goodies may be hiding. Thanks for looking. - Jim
    Jim in So. Cal.
    Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

us
    Apr 2009
    California
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Historic Picnic Spot and Time Travel to the same spot

I think this is pretty cool. I live in southern Cal. Temecula area now but grew up in Bonita. Can you give me a clue to see if I know this mystery?
    Momento Mori...

us
    Nov 2011
    Ramona CA
    Garrett Ace 350
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Historic Picnic Spot and Time Travel to the same spot

OH cool I know where this is at. My Mom and Dad live out there.
    My Dad can remember riding his horse out there. There was only a few house's and a post office out there. NO Golf corse yet....

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links