Gives you an idea.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can not imagine living in those times. Thames Valley Metal Detecting Club 085.jpg

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life was rough back then..Very tough people that pioneered..kool picture..

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, home of the Original 5# burger challenge.
Loved those restaurants 🤘
We have all imagined and dreamed of life back then.
Cools pic, thanks for posting🤠

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
It is common to idealize life years ago. But, life expectancy was around 50 average, farm work (most folks lived on farms) involved kerosene lanterns in your hands, kerosene lamps in house, no radio or tv, hard work with horses until the model-T, etc. Life was hard.

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
It is common to idealize life years ago. But, life expectancy was around 50 average, farm work (most folks lived on farms) involved kerosene lanterns in your hands, kerosene lamps in house, no radio or tv, hard work with horses until the model-T, etc. Life was hard.
You mean no phones either! How did we ever survive. Seriously though, you're right. Had to have been super hard by today's standards. We're a bunch of softies

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And I like hot showers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread