Old photos & Introductions

3bead

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2012
Arlington, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, My name is Adam Smith - I am a photo collector and Western Historian. I also collect countless other antiquities, Native and Tribal items, coins, guns, trinkets, etc. I became a hard core photo collector when I was given the opportunity to learn and buy some special photos from one of the master collectors in the United States.

You may have seen this photo before - that is because it sold in the Heritage Galleries auctions of 2007-09. This is my original scan, this is my original photo, I wrote the majority of the photographic portion of the catalogs, and the history for the majority of all the items, in all the catalogs. Many of the photos, badges, and other historical items were also from my collection. I found this genuine photo on Ebay for 80$ - it sold for nearly 4k. There is not another copy anywhere of this image - I try to collect only one of a kind photos. If you see this exact image sell anywhere else it is fake - I have already seen several fakes of this card sell on Ebay.

The other photo is also another of mine that I sold. There was another original copy of this in the Heritage Auctions which sold for around 5k. This is an Andrew Miller shot - mine was an 1895 era copy on an unmarked cabinet card that I got around 2009. The photo had actually been originally mounted on the card upside-down, and it was a photographer that had gotten Miller's negatives after he was killed by Yaqui Indians in 1893. If you are trying to buy this image, go to a major auctioneer, you will see this exact scan faked on Ebay within this year. A very rare image.

If you think these are good photos, you should see the photos of mine that I still retain. I won't argue with you about it, but I have the best western photo known, here is more than a hint - it is a lawman photo with all the officers in Dodge City and Ford County, Kansas about 1878 - and one J.H. Holliday.

I currently sell on Ebay under the name 3bead. If you know a major photo collector, auctioneer, or the like, they know who Adam Smith is. Don't believe everything you hear, I'm always 100% honest in my dealings and always have been - I've never knowingly misrepresented an antique item. Period.

You can check out my Facebook page which has other photos from my collection - Adam Smith - or my Ebay account - 3bead. I'm also a TGCA member.
Thanks and Enjoy,
Adam R. Smith

Attachments

• 05-31-2006 07;54;36PM.JPG
    05-31-2006 07;54;36PM.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 171
  • ALchesay.jpg
    ALchesay.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 220

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread