• Official Group at NY Monument Commision Camp Gettysburg 1913.jpg
    Official Group at NY Monument Commision Camp Gettysburg 1913.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 2,458

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow! cool pictures gypsy. can you imagine the stories those guys might tell if you could go back in time and talk to them?! very cool post.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Have to say I always enoy those pics..

or pics of that time, when I was a kid we moved to Hunnington WVa and this house had a ton of older books from around 1870-1920 area and would just look at those pics from some of the books, many pics from people who LIVED during that time and not 100 years later and memmories fogged. Thanks for posting!

boodydarn

Mar 26, 2008
Auburn., Al
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Bandit, Garrett Ace 250, DFX
This reminds me that young people who have never been to war just look at old people and see old people and never see the horrors they have endured to ensure freedom for all. I will bet I am not the only old veteran who feels this way.
Jerry

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Great photos. :thumbsup:

Boodydarn, you my friend are correct. :(

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
boodydarn said:
This reminds me that young people who have never been to war just look at old people and see old people and never see the horrors they have endured to ensure freedom for all. I will bet I am not the only old veteran who feels this way.
Jerry

Amen! The first thing I thought when I saw the pic of the men at dinner was "What did you men(boys back then) see and hear" and thinking of how they lived through those conflicts and that they survived and came back all those years later for the reunion. When I look at old photos, I look into their eyes and try to imagine being them. Wow! It is humbling.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
Here is some videos of the guys from the early 1900's.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">

And here is my Fav. This is one of the last video's from what I understand ever made of most of the vets. Some of them actually died on this trip on the battlefield 75 years later. I wish time travel was possible, the world seemed like a better place back then. ;D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great quality on those pictures! ;D

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Video & pictures are really great..thanks for posting them.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was intrigued by their dress back then. Everyone dressed up in probably their Sundy go to Meetin' clothes with coats and ties and of couirse a hat. Now days everyone would be wearing blue jeans and tee shirts. Interesting how times have changed. Thanks a lot Gypsy, great pictures. Monty

houdini911

Sep 10, 2007
Berkshire County MA
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing photos on Gettysburg. Do you have anything more to share on Gettysburg one of my favorite places.

Paul

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread