tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not visited this forum all that much, but do enjoy old pictures. One of the things I like to do on visits to antique shops is sift through the boxes of old photos. At times I'll purchase the ones I find interesting in location or subject. This one I found has this chap on a trike contraption that I'd your take on. It has some written text on the reverse I can't read as it is a language I'm unfamiliar with, plus what is this trike contraption the man is on? It's either his idea of a new form of transportation or an early mobile wheelchair made for a cripple. What I don't get is the design of it. It has a steering treadle and two levers to crank the rear wheels. I see the foot peddles, but they don't look connected to any drive train or steering. One would sure have their hand full in operating this crazy form of transportation. If you can read the written language put on the back that could maybe shed some light on what, when and how this trike was used.

Attachments

• trike guy 1.jpg
    trike guy 1.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 182
  • trike guy 2.jpg
    trike guy 2.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 204

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Interesting. I could probably type those letters into Google Translate, then try different languages until it made sense. Looks like German or Germanic language to me. But, we have company today.

Today, 21st Century, people make bicycles something like that, to be hand powered. So, it's hard to say exactly what he has there.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I could probably type those letters into Google Translate, then try different languages until it made sense. Looks like German or Germanic language to me. But, we have company today.

Today, 21st Century, people make bicycles something like that, to be hand powered. So, it's hard to say exactly what he has there.
Thanks! piegrande. I did go ahead and post this question up in the "what is it" It was found to be Swedish and more of a personal note. I was hoping it would explain some info about this trike. In more research it looks to be a type wheel chair for a invalid. I founds some old adds and one other photo with a person in one that looked to date around the late 19th early 20th century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread