Morro Bay, CA 1931 aerial photo

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This picture was taken by my Uncle in 1931, in black and white, and my Aunt used to color photos at that time. So the colors aren't exactly right, just her idea. The picture was copyrighted at that time by my uncle. Anyone that is familiar with Morro Bay now days, knows a channel was dredged on the other side of the rock, and a breakwater built sometime after this photo was taken, I don't remember the year, but I was born in 1937 and don't remember any time there wasn't a breakwater.
1931 Morro Bay1.jpg
And here is a google earth view of Morro Bay in 2014.
2014 Morro Bay.jpg
Note the breakwater, different channel, and the size of the town.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting. Too bad its aerial shot and would be costly to get one taken from same spot today. Neat stuff seeing how things have changed through the years. Yeah Bosn my dad is close to your age, born in 41. Anyway in the late 30's my grandparents went on a cross county trip and must of took 500 photos of sites across the U.S. .. mostly western states national parks ect. Maybe I should post some here sometime. One of the more interesting photos is of the Hindenburg taken at eye level from a skyscraper as it is cruising past Chicago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, posting some of those pictures would be very interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread